1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Oct 1, 2015.
First

Back
855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864
866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875
Next

Last
  1. frederick-rea
    Thank you. So, same performance than Philips made in Holand?
    Bought a pair and waiting for them. These tubes does need so much time cooking for a better stable treble. Find Bass and middles quite good, clean and with no coloration but treble was totally asleep at the beginnig and with time they open up till a very controlled highs. I use Chatham as powers
    Cheers

2. HOWIE13

Isn't that Mazda spelled backwards? If so I think I read somewhere on this thread that they are good tubes. 

3. HOWIE13

In my very limited experience Elise handles tubes so well that any tube noted for it's bass qualities seems to perform well, and to character, in Elise.

K-R 6SN7,VT231, Sylvania 6SN7WGT, Bad Boy, Chrome Dome, Philips EL3N to name just a few I've personally used as drivers. For powers most will give good bass with these drivers but for me EL3N, 5998 and Christmas tree set-up do the most bass.

It will also depend on your headphones-some tubes may be too full in the bass for some cans.

There's lots of personal preferences for tubes. We all have our favourites as even a cursory glance at this thread will demonstrate .[​IMG] 

4. UntilThen

Correct. 5998 comes to mind for bass impact. 7236 has a tight and controlled bass which I like.  For drivers, I'd say EL3N and ECC31.

Amongst the 6SN7 that I have, RCA 6SN7gt VT231 smoke glass and Sylvania 6SN7wgt have quite a bass impact too.

It depends on how much bass an individual wants. There's always the subwoofer. [​IMG]

5. Jozurr
    I already have the Liquid Glass. I was gutted to find out that I cant run the ECC31 or possibly the EL3N on it even with adapters. I've been actually thinking about the Elise and whether it will sound better with the ECC31 or EL3N vs the Glass and 6SN7W or KR VT231 etc. I've recently bought the MicroZOTL2 as well, and it doesnt have enough power for me to listen to the Omni and HE-500 before it starts distorting. Anyone got any ideas? 

6. Oskari

Yes. Adzam was the tube brand of MBLE, a Belgian manufacturer.

Mazda was originally a GE light bulb brand. They had subsidiaries and licensees in various markets. That's why the name Mazda appears here and there, also in Belgium for MBLE's light bulbs.

7. HOWIE13

That's useful to know. I vaguely remember Mazda light bulbs from way back. I also once owned a Mazda car but that's another company I guess.

8. Oskari

The Adzam in the photo is an Austrian-made EL3N. The Philips EL3N tubes many here have are the exact same tube, even with the "made in Holland" claim printed on the tube. I'm not sure if anybody here has actual Dutch-made EL3Ns.

9. UntilThen
    These days Mazda is a car. 

10. UntilThen

What was the question? 

I can tell you that HE-560 with Elise will go very loud without clipping. Probably the ears will clip first before the headphone does. 

Elise can sound very good with 6SN7 and 6AS7. It's not confine to ECC31 and EL3N. In fact having tried all the C3G, ECC31, 6N7G, FDD20 and EL3N, I'm starting to explore 6SN7 more now. They sound great.

11. UntilThen
    This was the tube that I saw on eBay that started it all. It's a Mazda :) I wonder who bought that tube.

MazdaEL3N.jpg

12. Oskari

That's the French Mazda brand. [​IMG] (I don't know who the actual manufacturer is.)

13. UntilThen

Probably the same manufacturer of these Mazda 6N7G which I bought earlier. I was searching for more Mazda 6N7G and the Mazda EL3N pop up instead. [​IMG]

Mazda6N7G2.jpg

14. HOWIE13

Elise is a car too: 

2005-lotus-elise-front-left-rolling.jpg

15. Oskari

Yes, could be. But the Mazda-branded EL3N could be a rebranded Dutch-made tube for all I know. [​IMG]

N.B. French Mazda, actually La Compagnie des Lampes, was a manufacturer, not just a rebrander.

First

Back
855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864
866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875
Next

Last