Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Oct 6, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #106 of 13,846
  Ok bye bye Elise I'm buying these instead.

Slight price increase 
eek.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #108 of 13,846

Hi Suuup...does it happen only at startup, and for just a short while? If so, the guys have put you right already. If intermittent during prolonged listening, most likely a household piece of electrical equipment switching on/off...'fridge/a/c/heating etc. - especially if you don't have any mains conditioning/filtering. Whatever, I do hope it's just something (relatively!) simple like either of these possibilities...

It's still there many hours after I turned on the Elise. I think you are correct, it might be the fridge / heating / whatever that is causing this. I live in an old apartment, so it's not all 'up-to-snuff'. Anyway, it doesn't bother me that much, as it doesn't happen that much. It's maybe once pr hour and it lasts 2 seconds, and even then, it's not that loud.

Sorry Suuup I'm terrible. It's not Elise but Malice. 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ah, that's too bad, although that DAC does look really good. Congratulations with your new (other) beauty, then. 
beyersmile.png

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #109 of 13,846
Thank you Suuup. Good thing the DAC came now. Gives me time to enjoy it alone. Had it come together with Elise I'd be totally lost and overwhelmed.
beerchug.gif

So the 64 million dollars question...has your hum disappear?

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #111 of 13,846
  Thank you Suuup. Good thing the DAC came now. Gives me time to enjoy it alone. Had it come together with Elise I'd be totally lost and overwhelmed.
beerchug.gif

So the 64 million dollars question...has your hum disappear?

Unfortunately I got home too late last night to pick it up, the post office was closed. I will be picking it up in a couple of hours, as I get home early today. This means more time to test it also!

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #112 of 13,846
newthread? wwathappened...i took a holiday from tubes :p

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #114 of 13,846
....waiting to pounce on the ELISE2, letting u guys iron out the kinks.. hiakhiakhiak :p

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #115 of 13,846

And so it has arrived unscathed. It even lights up and the music is playing 
L3000.gif
. Once again, thank you ,JV, for this tube!

So far, there is no hum. Well, there was for 10 seconds, but it started the same second I pressed upload on my phone, so I believe that is the cause. 

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #116 of 13,846
  ....waiting to pounce on the ELISE2, letting u guys iron out the kinks.. hiakhiakhiak :p

Hey L...good to see you here...
tongue.gif
...glad you found us (will PM you some history, lol!)...

Away from tubes? - you weren't in ssshhh...SS land were you?!
devil_face.gif
wink.gif

Still letting us be the guinea pigs, eh?...Have you no shame, mon ami?
wink_face.gif
(but don't blame you!!). Elise MK2?...the sound I'm now getting (and others) from MK1 with the latest drivers could only be surpassed by mods that would cost $$$$$ I suspect, alas. Other extras like balanced HP out, for example, would of course appeal to some, but you've been hit with one price hike already...
redface.gif
...food for thought?...

And so it has arrived unscathed. It even lights up and the music is playing 
L3000.gif
. Once again, thank you ,JV, for this tube!

So far, there is no hum. Well, there was for 10 seconds, but it started the same second I pressed upload on my phone, so I believe that is the cause. 

Glad the hum problem also seems to have been tracked down...there are so many potential gremlins just waiting to spoil our unbridled enjoyment of tube gear...but we usually prevail in the end, lol! 
wink.gif
...hope everything settles down for you...nothing worse than "Elise interruptus"...
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #117 of 13,846

Hey L...good to see you here...
tongue.gif
...glad you found us (will PM you some history, lol!)...

Away from tubes? - you weren't in ssshhh...SS land were you?!
devil_face.gif
wink.gif

Still letting us be the guinea pigs, eh?...Have you no shame, mon ami?
wink_face.gif
(but don't blame you!!). Elise MK2?...the sound I'm now getting (and others) from MK1 with the latest drivers could only be surpassed by mods that would cost $$$$$ I suspect, alas. Other extras like balanced HP out, for example, would of course appeal to some, but you've been hit with one price hike already...
redface.gif
...food for thought?...

Glad the hum problem also seems to have been tracked down...there are so many potential gremlins just waiting to spoil our unbridled enjoyment of tube gear...but we usually prevail in the end, lol! 
wink.gif
...hope everything settles down for you...nothing worse than "Elise interruptus"...
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif

I would probably upgrade to a balanced Elise. Im pretty sure I wouldn't lose too much Money. No interruptus though, as I wouldn't sell the original until I had the new one.

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #118 of 13,846
Hi,

A new mystery pair of tubes arrived - 6AS7GA Electronic Enterprises:

There is no identifying information except what you see. Triple mica, double circular getter, Gray bakelite base and copper rods.

This is how the box looks like

It lights up very nicely with a strong tube glow - miniature fireplace lol:

I used to think that all 6AS7GA tubes were made by GE, but my guess is that this tube was made by Sylvania. This is only a guess, based on my perceived impression that only Sylvania made 6080 family tubes with Gray bakelite bases.

Anybody wants to weigh in?

The tubes look fairly old, so the 1960's seem a safe bet. Electronic Enterprises was a rebrander that seems to have started out early.

Sound? Too early to tell, but punchy bass similar to the Chatham 6080; not as refined sounding as the GE 6AS7GA. This is just an initial impression and cannot be relied on since the tubes are not burnt in.

I see some 6AS7GA tubes labeled RCA - wonder if RCA made them?

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #119 of 13,846
Almost identical to my RCA 6AS7GA except for the branding. This sound similar to the GE 6AS7GA which I gave an impression on page 3. I like this construction though.

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #120 of 13,846
I'd like to see in ELISE2 a new name, balanced input and output, a brushed aluminium facia and body and a substantial volume knob. Not forgetting vibration isolating acoustic feet. It has to accept all tubes regardless of heater current. And it has to look more menacing than this:-

Lastly one driver tube ....too expensive to be buying pairs !!! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back