Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Sep 2, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,426 of 11,833
Yippee-  adapters arrived and 6 pack up and running- this is sounding  sweet:

Have ordered more tubes, some of these are old and could do with replacing with nice pristine ones.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #1,428 of 11,833
I'm getting really fond of the 'Endless River', last studio album by Pink Floyd. The album is made up of mostly ambient and instrumental music. This is what David Gilmour says. "Unapologetically, this is for the generation that wants to put its headphones on, lie in a beanbag, or whatever, and get off on a piece of music for an extended period of time."

I'll always play this album using the 6 pack on Elise. Those who are familiar with Endless River will know why. The sense of scale is haunting. It's mesmerising. 

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #1,430 of 11,833
  Get the EL3Ns from http://www.acoustic-dimension.com. 20 euros each. NOS NIB. Best deal.

That site has some interesting links, including this one: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/1108/ The EL3N came out on top of the 8 low power output tubes. It also had the lowest 3rd order harmonic distortion.

And this is a pretty cool set up: http://singleended.web.fc2.com/403.htm

While I'm ordering tubes, do you recommend I buy 5 or 10 of the Bybee Quantum Singal Enhancers:

"This new and simple to use device purifies the electron flow, thereby reducing noise and hash to dramatically improve performance. Additionally the unit effects (sic) surrounding air molecules to allow the sound to travel less impeded, resulting in a larger, more dynamic sound stage."

Fairy dust anyone???

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #1,431 of 11,833
That site has some interesting links, including this one: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/1108/ The EL3N came out on top of the 8 low power output tubes. It also had the lowest 3rd order harmonic distortion.

While I'm ordering tubes, do you recommend I buy 5 or 10 of the Bybee Quantum Singal Enhancers:

[COLOR=333333]"This new and simple to use device purifies the electron flow, thereby reducing noise and hash to dramatically improve performance. Additionally the unit effects (sic) surrounding air molecules to allow the sound to travel less impeded, resulting in a larger, more dynamic sound stage."[/COLOR]

Fairy dust anyone???

Ask them to sell you some for a blind ABX test on headfi and see what they say :)

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,432 of 11,833

"This new and simple to use device purifies the electron flow, thereby reducing noise and hash to dramatically improve performance. Additionally the unit effects (sic) surrounding air molecules to allow the sound to travel less impeded, resulting in a larger, more dynamic sound stage."

Fairy dust anyone???

Unbelievable!

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,433 of 11,833
Ask them to sell you some for a blind ABX test on headfi and see what they say
smily_headphones1.gif

Indeed, and if they were really confident with their product they would give us them free to try.

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #1,434 of 11,833

Indeed, and if they were really confident with their product they would give us them free to try.

I live near Sedona. So I just string large crystals over my head for while I'm listening and the result is beyond belief or description 
basshead.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #1,435 of 11,833
  I live near Sedona. So I just string large crystals over my head for while I'm listening and the result is beyond belief or description 
basshead.gif

In Scotland I guess we would do it with granite. 
jecklinsmile.gif

So beautiful where you are. I was in the area on holiday in the early '80s during a sabbatical year in San Francisco. 

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #1,436 of 11,833

In Scotland I guess we would do it with granite. 
jecklinsmile.gif

So beautiful where you are. I was in the area on holiday in the early '80s during a sabbatical year in San Francisco. 

I live in north Scottsdale. If you are ever back look me up - assuming I'm still here )))

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #1,437 of 11,833

Glad you're liking the EL3N/Chatham combo, g49...and can only get even better LOL!...
biggrin.gif

Well UT...the number of EL3N fans continues to grow - encouraging indeed to see that we weren't fooling ourselves all this while LOL!!
wink_face.gif
gs1000.gif
...amazing tubes - especially for the money!!
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you took the trouble and experimented with EL3N and brought us this tube. It is certainly a unique and special tone for an equally special price on NOS tubes.

It is certainly good to see others loving and enjoying it too. We weren't fooling ourselves. 
gs1000.gif

no ... you guys are right on the money ... this tube is effin' great.  great enough to pull me away from my new 55" vizio p-series for a while.

but i'm not a fan of the boat anchors  -- the blk screw-hole portion just mucks up the aesthetics for me.

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,438 of 11,833

no ... you guys are right on the money ... this tube is effin' great.  great enough to pull me away from my new 55" vizio p-series for a while.

but i'm not a fan of the boat anchors  -- the blk screw-hole portion just mucks up the aesthetics for me.

Wowee, g49...endorsement indeed LOL!!
darthsmile.gif
biggrin.gif
...that's music to my ears...
tongue.gif

Now all you gotta do is get brave and start experimenting with making your own adapters, so you can get Elise + EL3N looking thus.....

But be warned...this job - especially with this tube's really weird base - is not as easy as it may seem LOL!
redface.gif
tongue.gif
...(probably easier to just divert your eyes as necessary!
wink_face.gif
)...CHEERS!...

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #1,439 of 11,833
  I live in north Scottsdale. If you are ever back look me up - assuming I'm still here )))

I loved my year in America and in retrospect probably should have taken up an offer to stay. I had a huge old Pontiac Catalina (bought from Horsetrader Ed -fancy remembering that) and drove all over. It was the first time I had driven an automatic car-and I've never gone back to manual gears since.

I'll sure look you up if I come over again and if I survive you are most welcome in Scotland too. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,440 of 11,833
  Wowee, g49...endorsement indeed LOL!!
darthsmile.gif
biggrin.gif
...that's music to my ears...
tongue.gif

Now all you gotta do is get brave and start experimenting with making your own adapters, so you can get Elise + EL3N looking thus.....

But be warned...this job - especially with this tube's really weird base - is not as easy as it may seem LOL!
redface.gif
tongue.gif
...(probably easier to just divert your eyes as necessary!
wink_face.gif
)...CHEERS!...

yeah ... that's the ticket ... great job.  did you document this someplace? what, where, when, how?  but i'm probably too lazy to tackle this; i'll just close my eyes & listen to feist & agnes obel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back