1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by pctazhp, Jul 7, 2016.
First

Back
724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733
735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744
Next

Last
  1. lentoviolento
    Thank you for your exaustive response though

2. lentoviolento
    on euforia thread i read somewhere that someone was complaining about the lack of bass/slam. to me is very important.
    espressivo has good bass. i am thinking about asking feliks to let me try elise for a couple of weeks and decide to keep it or not.

3. OctavianH
    I do not think that Euforia is lacking something compared to Espressivo. In general with these tube amps my problem is usually to lower the bass quantity. And Euforia has a bigger/better bass than Elise. So do not worry about bass in tube amps. And of course, if you can try it, it will always be the best way to go.

4. lentoviolento
    Don't worry? You are telling me that elise has less bass of euforia! Now i am worrying asd

5. Scutey
    Hi there, I hope I'm not going to make this even more confusing!, ... but the Elise has excellent bass, of course this depends on tubes used, recording, the rest of your setup, Headphones etc but if you use bassy tubes, with Elise such as Tung Sol 5998 for powers, Ken Rad 6sn7 for drivers, or EL38 for drivers (ADAPTER NEEDED) with EL11 or EL3N (ADAPTER NEEDED) for drivers also give excellent bass with good slam, Octavian is right about Euforia having fuller bass but with those tubes you will get very good, dynamic bass with the Elise, also I agree with everything else Octavian has said! :beyersmile:.

6. lentoviolento
    Tung sol are very expensive and not so easy to find here in italy..
    What do you think about the stock tubes? Are they so bad to need replacement from day one?

7. UntilThen
    No you don't need to replace stock tubes from day 1.

There are different types of honey. The stock honey aren't too bad. Hell, 'Stairway to heaven' will still sound like 'Stairway to heaven'. However once you've tasted the better honey tubes, it's hard to go back to stock honey.

Hope all this honey business makes sense. Now listen to 'Stairway to heaven'.

connieflyer likes this.
  8. Scutey
    Can't really add anything to that! :ksc75smile:

9. UntilThen
    Wow this picture of Elise looks nice ! Amongst all my good power tubes, I still have the love for the Tung Sol 7236. Precision and dynamics.

10. UntilThen
    Angpsi !!! When ever I see your name, I'm reminded of Breakfast Club ! :) Trust that you are well and have move on to HiFi stereo.

11. UntilThen
    Hello H1, trust that you are well. Thread isn't the same when you retire. :)

It's almost 4 years since I came to Head-Fi. Logic tells me I should have move on to the next hobby but the next one would probably be even more expensive !!!

So this is my progression. Car audio > Head-Fi > HiFi. Time to retire !!! Alas I'm still working. :)

connieflyer likes this.
  12. connieflyer
    Never!

13. UntilThen
    Don !!!! Never say never again, that's the James Bond movie. :)

How are you? Is the 'never' to work or retire from Head-Fi?

connieflyer likes this.
  14. mordy
    What happened to the bicycles?

15. UntilThen
    It's kept till 40 years later as vintage racing bicycle. :)

First

Back
724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733
735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744
Next

Last