Feelings on Red Hot Chili Peppers, as a band, musicians, and musical direction? ...
Sep 8, 2009 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Scriptor Carpe Diem

New Head-Fier
... and also what they mean to music in the current time and enviroment for music?

I recently saw a "feelings on Clapton thread" and I've seen alot of other bands with the same goal intented thread, so I wanted to know what you guys thought about the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I'm not gonna give my opinion or any points, negative or positive, to start.

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...they didn't pioneer a genre or anything.

Really? Someone was out there doing funk metal before the Peppers? Who?

When the band first got started I thought they were highly inventive and original. That said, I think that Blood Sugar Sex Magik was their last really great album.

--Jerome

Sep 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Someone was out there doing funk metal before the Peppers? Who?

When the band first got started I thought they were highly inventive and original. That said, I think that Blood Sugar Sex Magik was their last really great album.

--Jerome

Funkadelic, Fishbone, some Isley Brothers, some later Tim Buckley, and Mother's Finest, to name but a few, were blending Funk with Rock and/or metal long before the chili peppers ever took their shirts off.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Ok....I don't agree with any of that but hey, you're entitled to your opinion. Would you suggest that Faith No More is a cheap knock off of those artists too?

--Jerome

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 9
I don't think they or the Chili Peppers are cheap knockoffs. I actually like both bands, and enjoy their music. However, I don't think that I don't think they were groundbreaking in any real way. You can be awesome but not really be the guys who actually place the cornerstone. That being said, I think they furthered their respective genres. Thats my opinion, and as always it should be taken with a pitcher of salt.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Haha... Anthony really hates Mike Patton. An irrational hatred fueled by the ego imo. Patton has many tricks, while Anthony only really operates in one dimension.

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #9 of 9
I don't know about the world, but the Chili Peppers changed my musical horizons when I was first discovering music that wasn't what my parents listened to.

I like it all. I like the old and the new. Even though I don't really listen to them much anymore, I won't turn off any of their songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back