feedback before I order - denons/shures etc
Nov 27, 2008 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Nathanlgd

Head-Fier
Hiya guys,
I'm new to this game and just the other day recieved my 8Gb Sansa Clip (in black) on recomendation from some of you guys. I love the little player but the headphones suck big time - which I expected and intended to upgrade instantly.
I searched and asked on hear and we came up with either a pair of Denon C551's or Shure SE210's (probably with a FiiO e3) as the headphones to suit me and my pocket. However, some of you recommended to ditch the amp and stretch to a pair of Denon C700's or 751's if I was willing to spend the extra cash which, at the time I wasn't.
I then noticed that the C700's had been reduced on a certain website to only £10 more than the 551's so I changed my mind to those. Now theres another spanner in the works as the C700's have increased in price and the C751's have been greatly reduced (only in silver mind - which doesn't bother me. The black ones are still expensive).
So, I just thought I'd post one last time before I order (later tonight or first thing in the morning) to hear your advice and feedback on these headphones to aid my decission. The C751's (in silver) are at £79.99! (reduced from £149.99, apparently).
Just to give you some idea, I like volume, punchy bass and clarety. I listen to all types of music but mainly deep house, techno, minimal and similar - I'm well into the party scene and love clubbing
smily_headphones1.gif

Your 2 cents please?
Thanks

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 6
I can't wait - I'm just gunna order the C751's
smily_headphones1.gif

Just one thing - what do you mean by "burn in"? obviously I assume you mean just run them steadily for a few days? or is there something I should know about here?
cheers

Nov 27, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 6
well when i said dont listen to them clearly he can if he wants to but id advise against it, when i first got mine i was really rather disappointed with them to say the least, they do greatly improve but if its the first time hes bought higher end earphones first impressions will matter.

burn in is just playing them for a while till they loosen up as it were like running in a new car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back