FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 15, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #4,666 of 5,201
Where are all the fearless audio Roland fans out there? Haven't heard any impressions on them lately. Bought the rolands a few months ago and now the discussion on them is pretty much dead on headfi. Has the hype died that fast? So disappointed. Lol. Anyways, i still like the sound, just very different than all my other iems in my collection.
Guessing the covid situation has had a big impact on chi-fi right now.

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #4,667 of 5,201
Where are all the fearless audio Roland fans out there? Haven't heard any impressions on them lately. Bought the rolands a few months ago and now the discussion on them is pretty much dead on headfi. Has the hype died that fast? So disappointed. Lol. Anyways, i still like the sound, just very different than all my other iems in my collection.
Come join Linsoul Discord, we got few people there with Roland that loves it with PEQ where they can give u some assistance :)

Apr 15, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #4,668 of 5,201
No comments from anyone? I figure everyone's stuck at home during this pandemic would be a perfect time for discussions. Lol, i guess the hype on the rolands must be really dead. Anyways, anyone buying the fearless X crinnacle? I thinking of getting these next but going to wait to see if these are any good.

Apr 16, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #4,669 of 5,201
Contemplating getting a custom pair of S6 Rui and looking for input regarding the fit and quality of Fearless' custom shells. Is there any difference wether ordered from linsoul or penon? Have anyone had any problems? Couldn't find almost no pictures or reviews of custom pairs...
Thanks!

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #4,670 of 5,201
Lol yeah it is. Mine was on the marketplace and ebay for 3 months and I received no PM

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #4,671 of 5,201
Hey Ya'll!!!

I just got a SICK deal on some S8F's ... I currently have a Topping NX4 DSD... has anyone tested this combo? Does it sound nice together?

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #4,672 of 5,201
Hey Ya'll!!!

I just got a SICK deal on some S8F's ... I currently have a Topping NX4 DSD... has anyone tested this combo? Does it sound nice together?
I haven't used both together, but the DSD hisses intolerably with the 115 dB/mW Andromedas. The S8F/S8P are almost as sensitive at 113 dB/mW, and my own S8P hisses a lot out of noisier sources, so don't expect a good experience without an IEMatch or other volume attenuator.

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #4,674 of 5,201
I haven't used both together, but the DSD hisses intolerably with the 115 dB/mW Andromedas. The S8F/S8P are almost as sensitive at 113 dB/mW, and my own S8P hisses a lot out of noisier sources, so don't expect a good experience without an IEMatch or other volume attenuator.

What's the best Attenuator money can buy? IEMatch? Does it handicap my IEM Experience at all? (Should I return the NX4 DSD and get a different DAC, or should I just get an Attenuator?)

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #4,676 of 5,201
Alright guys, I have spent most of today scouring thru many threads and videos trying to find the right answer, firstly I have a set of T800, and love them the bass slams when it needs to.
Would like to step from this set and have always liked the fearless S8 range, but not sure what to pick S8f, S8p, S8z?
Feel free to fire any advice my way, at least so I can sleep tonight :relaxed:

Apr 19, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #4,677 of 5,201
Alright guys, I have spent most of today scouring thru many threads and videos trying to find the right answer, firstly I have a set of T800, and love them the bass slams when it needs to.
Would like to step from this set and have always liked the fearless S8 range, but not sure what to pick S8f, S8p, S8z?
Feel free to fire any advice my way, at least so I can sleep tonight :relaxed:
S8f has the best slam of them all s8z is clearer and more refined

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #4,678 of 5,201
I’m late to the party, but I joined the club yesterday with the S8P.

Attachments

• C9C785F9-9766-4447-B96C-DA39664C9895.jpeg
    C9C785F9-9766-4447-B96C-DA39664C9895.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #4,679 of 5,201
I’m late to the party, but I joined the club yesterday with the S8P.

Did you get those shells that change color when light hits it at different angles? Those are nice! How's the impression of the s8p for you?

I love my s8p

Apr 22, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #4,680 of 5,201
The faceplate is CG47 on Linsoul's site. And they do look very nice! I don't have much experience in this hobby, so please take what I say with a grain of salt, haha.

Overall, I think it's a very competent set, and I was struck most by how energetic they were the first time I listened to them. The vocals are quite "full" for me despite it being V-shaped, and there's a noticeable bass boost which I love. My other IEMs, the Moondrop Blessings, are thinner in the mids and seriously lack that "thump" so I think this is a nice change. And interestingly, despite it using only BAs, I prefer the S8P's bass to my Moondrop KXXS which uses a DD. I also preferred the S8P's bass to the 64audio U12T, so I might be a bit of a basshead. Treble might be an issue for some people because of how energetic/detailed these IEMs are? It fatigues me a bit, like the KXXS which was a bit shouty, but I'm sure I'll get used to it with more listening. Soundstage on the S8P doesn't seem too wide, but rather more intimate which complements the slightly warmer tone I hear.

The cable it comes with is VERY heavy. It's good quality, but they must weigh this thing down with lead or steel, lol. There's a common misconception that weight = well-built. I also can't quite seem to get a good match from any of my sources, so there's a little bit of sibilance (doesn't really bother me).

Despite those small issues, I'm very happy with them for what I paid. Do I think they'll be endgame? Probably not, but they'll definitely keep me happy for a good while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back