FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Feb 16, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #4,531 of 5,201
the LV-a6 was on the list because it has high impedance and was rec’d to have a look but the treble hotness did worry me.
The IMS seemed like a great deal but S8f was always my target. I just wanted to save a few quid if possible. Just gave in and ordered what I wanted. :)
So, if you ordered it please share a comparison to Kanas pro when you get it:). BTW, I found R6 to be forgiving of treble hotness, specifically the one of ibasso it04 @8K. Must be DAC chipset, cannot explain it any other way, because with Roland, R6 is actually one of my brighter sources.. I wouldn't even worry for S8p, no hotness there whatsoever.

Feb 17, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #4,532 of 5,201
The dco2 has an output impedance of 2.2 according to AmirM. It is probably causing some shift on sound with the Roland being only 5.8Ω. (ideal source output impedance for it would an eigth of that. So 0.725 or less)

The Shanling M0 is only an output impedance of 0.16. It is a much more suitable setup.

Either you are enjoying the shift in sound. And/Or you like the harsh/cold tonality of DC02.

Do what you like.

Thank you! I'll probably try impedance matching with other sources to hear the difference and decide what I want.

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #4,534 of 5,201
I’m looking for details, but with a good tonality... S8F or S6Rui?

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #4,535 of 5,201
Why not S5H? :innocent:

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #4,536 of 5,201
Got my S8F :)
In the sum total of 2 hours I'm pretty blown away. I have TS400 (AE) foams on currently as I'm getting used to the extreme details.
Couldn't be happier and additionally - no hiss from the R6 and running at about 30% volume which is a bit lower than the KPE's they're replacing but about the same as my other (now retired!) sets.
It's a whole new world! :D

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #4,537 of 5,201
In the sum total of 2 hours I'm pretty blown away. I have TS400 (AE) foams on currently as I'm getting used to the extreme details.
Couldn't be happier and additionally - no hiss from the R6 and running at about 30% volume which is a bit lower than the KPE's they're replacing but about the same as my other (now retired!) sets.

That's great.
Tell me please, no hiss at all in between tracks or very small negligible amount? How are you running them 3.5 se or 4.4 bal, have you tried both?
I kinda gave up on buying DAP, but if R6 pro pleys if this combo is as good as you say with totally black background I might reconsider it.
Take your time, I'll be happy to hear your thoughts.

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #4,538 of 5,201
That's great.
Tell me please, no hiss at all in between tracks or very small negligible amount? How are you running them 3.5 se or 4.4 bal, have you tried both?
I kinda gave up on buying DAP, but if R6 pro pleys if this combo is as good as you say with totally black background I might reconsider it.
Take your time, I'll be happy to hear your thoughts.
This is an R6 - not the PRO - bear in mind I'm 50 and I simply may not be able to hear any mild hissing.
I'm only using a 3.5mm SE cable - It's a Faaeal one. I'd rather preserve the original for a while. Pic in next post.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #4,539 of 5,201
HiBy R6, Faaeal 3.5 SE.

Attachments

• 6654C49E-CB32-4F2F-8C0D-05D618B47D15.jpeg
    6654C49E-CB32-4F2F-8C0D-05D618B47D15.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #4,541 of 5,201

where did you buy it?

I’m thinking I of buying the S8F but I don’t know where, Penon, Linsoul,... I would like to avoid taxes and not have to wait too long :mask:

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #4,542 of 5,201
where did you buy it?

I’m thinking I of buying the S8F but I don’t know where, Penon, Linsoul,... I would like to avoid taxes and not have to wait too long :mask:

I was thinking of selling mine only to fund next more expensive pair of iems. They are in mint condition, no flaws whatsoever, they are great all-rounder but I got that itch I would like to try something else. If you are interested PM me I'll send you the pics... BTW I'm in EU.

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #4,544 of 5,201
where did you buy it?

Linsoul via Amazon.co.uk.
Ordered 15th Feb. Delivered 9 days later.
I did check the colour choice was available immediately from stock though. I love it and would almost certainly have customised it exactly the same way.
No additional fees were expected. Last mile carrier was Royal Mail and I checked with Amazon directly to get confirmation there would be no customs etc. The seller is Linsoul-Audio-UK after all.....
All that said - I’d have bought used if I could have found one at the right price but I got bitten and impatient. :D

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #4,545 of 5,201
Linsoul via Amazon.co.uk.
Ordered 15th Feb. Delivered 9 days later.
I did check the colour choice was available immediately from stock though. I love it and would almost certainly have customised it exactly the same way.
No additional fees were expected. Last mile carrier was Royal Mail and I checked with Amazon directly to get confirmation there would be no customs etc. The seller is Linsoul-Audio-UK after all.....
All that said - I’d have bought used if I could have found one at the right price but I got bitten and impatient. :D
Customs fee and the like, isn't it added as an extra cost when you order from Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back