FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Dec 14, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #4,366 of 5,201
Just found out that S8f produces a hissing sound at high gain but its fine on lower gain on Dx150 with amp6. The surprising part is that my flc8s which has just 11 Ohm impedance doesn't have this problem on same setup. Anyone else experienced the same?

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #4,367 of 5,201
Just found out that S8f produces a hissing sound at high gain but its fine on lower gain on Dx150 with amp6. The surprising part is that my flc8s which has just 11 Ohm impedance doesn't have this problem on same setup. Anyone else experienced the same?

The S8F are significantly more sensitive than the FLC8S. S8F are rated at 113 dB/mw while the FLC8S are rated at 96 dB/mw. So simply put, the S8F will be more than 2 times louder than the FLC8S when fed the same amount of power. Ohms are not a the biggest factor in determining headphone loudness or sensitivity to noise floor.

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #4,368 of 5,201
The S8F are significantly more sensitive than the FLC8S. S8F are rated at 113 dB/mw while the FLC8S are rated at 96 dB/mw. So simply put, the S8F will be more than 2 times louder than the FLC8S when fed the same amount of power. Ohms are not a the biggest factor in determining headphone loudness or sensitivity to noise floor.
Thank you, very well put. This has got to be one of the most misunderstood aspects of headphones and IEMs.

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #4,369 of 5,201
How come there are no more discussions about the fearless audio Roland? Has everyone reach their final conclusion on these?

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #4,370 of 5,201
How come there are no more discussions about the fearless audio Roland? Has everyone reach their final conclusion on these?
Hype train failed to depart, or most people realised that the signature wouldn't be their cup of tea.

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #4,371 of 5,201

So I finally received my S8 from black Friday sales after approx. 2 weeks. Originally ordered the S8P but got the S8F instead, oh well, don't really mind it. Anyway, back to the IEMs. First thing I noticed is that they are really sensitive. I can hear a noticeable hiss on my Dragonfly Red and my ifi xdsd even with music playing. I had to use IEMatch on ultra when using it with both. No hiss on my phone though (S10). Though oddly the jack connection is really finicky with it. The volume becomes soft or loud depending on how the cable feels whenever it gets plugged in. Anyone else experience this? It's fine with IEMatch though so maybe I need to get a new cable or get a replacement cable from linsoul.

Now some quick impressions on the sound.

BASS:
These made me rethink about how much bass can be pushed out of a BA driver. Their kind of DD like in quantity with the speed of BA drivers. It has an addicting low end rumble that doesn't mess too much with midbass impact. Overall great bass extension that is respectably well textured and tight. (take a listen to "DMs by SNBRN". I can almost feel every "fart" from the bass rumble lmao)

MIDS:
I kind of suck at describing mids, it's just not my forte. Vocals on the S8F sound good and you can pick up a good amount details like when singers smack their lips and all that jazz. Trumpets sound incredible with these IEMs although I feel like the timbre of stringed instruments like violins are a bit off in the lower octaves but it's not a deal breaker. Overall though there is good separation, resolution and decent clarity. Lower mids can get a bit congested depending on the complexity of the song though.

TREBLE:
As a note of warning, I don't mind the treble on my DT770 and DT1770 so take my words with a grain of salt. The S8F have an OK treble extension, their not overly amazing but they are not offensive either. Sibilance is not a big issue with these IEMs and I don't think they are overly bright. There is enoug "air" and the soundstage is not bad. But I keep on thinking they may be a bit rolled-off. Maybe I've been spoiled by my Stax ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Overall I think these pair of IEMs are pretty good. If you are looking for an IEM that are well balanced bass monsters that tilt towards a warm sound signature, the S8F should be in your list.

You need to get a replacement cable. That one is likely the known defective one.

Dec 18, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #4,373 of 5,201
You need to get a replacement cable. That one is likely the known defective one.

Already have one on the way. Hopefully it arrives before I go overseas in 2 days. If not gotta find a shop when I'm overseas and buy a cable...

I almost bought one over the S8F but realized that they were gonna be too dark. Also the reviews are really split on the product. Maybe if they tuned it better and had a better implementation of their electret drivers, there would be more hype around them.

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #4,375 of 5,201
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #4,377 of 5,201
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #4,380 of 5,201
Does fearless have any new iem coming up except the stellar? Very interested in buying the S6 pro/rui but don't want to buy it if there is a new one coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back