FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Nov 9, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #4,232 of 5,201
Ok ... Gut check everyone ... Is it still a good decision to purchase the Rolands on 11/11?

Right now I'm breaking in a new massdrop Ether CX's ... Long burn in time ....
Personally I would say yes. I love the sound of the Rolands.

I see people saying they are dark and have poor treble, but I don't hear that.

Over time the quantity of treble either has increased or my brain has got used to them.

A track that shows the quality and accuracy of their sound is Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin. To me at least it sounds perfect.

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #4,233 of 5,201
Personally I would say yes. I love the sound of the Rolands.

I see people saying they are dark and have poor treble, but I don't hear that.

Over time the quantity of treble either has increased or my brain has got used to them.

A track that shows the quality and accuracy of their sound is Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin. To me at least it sounds perfect.

I second this sentiment. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive to treble, but I find the treble response accurate without artificial emphasis that you see on a lot of sets. To me, these are very well balanced across all frequencies, extremely natural sounding, and just perfect for extended listening with zero fatigue. Oh yeah, and they fit and seal in my ears like a custom. Super comfortable. It did take a bit to adjust to the sound, so if you are coming from a v-shape or brighter set, they may initially seem lacking in treble, but it is definitely there, just give your ears time to adjust to the flater response and you will be rewarded.

Nov 9, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #4,234 of 5,201
Nov 9, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #4,235 of 5,201
Ok ... Gut check everyone ... Is it still a good decision to purchase the Rolands on 11/11?

It's hard to say. I really like the Roland. It's very different, and not really like any other signature on the market, but it's also not the best tool for enjoying modern-style brick-walled recordings. Give it a good DSD or FLAC recorded with some dynamic range, though, and they shine.

Thing is, it's going to be a lot about what you listen to with Roland, because Roland is so unique, and a lot of recordings just aren't recorded for a flatter sounding monitor.

So if you appreciate a natural reference-style bass, neutral, flat mids, contextual treble and textures in the mid to upper treble above all, give them a shot. If you're depending on your monitors to inject warmth or excitement or flatter your recordings, Roland should not be on your radar. It is what it does, and what it does is deliver the track as recorded, warts and all to your ears, and that is very different than the market at large.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #4,236 of 5,201
Please enjoy the video of my comparison review

Oh my. That cable is so bad...

I can't wait until you hear it with the new cable. It's far, far better, even though it looks largely the same.

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #4,237 of 5,201
Has anyone came from the BGVP DM6 to the S8 and got better imaging and less "haziness"?
Or all BA IEMs sound like this?

Nov 10, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #4,238 of 5,201
Hey Guys,

I just picked up my first pair of S8F from the forum here. Treble seems a bit forward, to pronounced. You guys think foam tips would help? Thanks

204F83B7-D674-4BD8-80A0-8E77A34FA7F1.jpeg

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #4,239 of 5,201
Hey Guys,

I just picked up my first pair of S8F from the forum here. Treble seems a bit forward, to pronounced. You guys think foam tips would help? Thanks

Doesn't hurt to try. S8F has a particularly energetic treble.

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #4,240 of 5,201

Well, due to the nature of ChiFi. It has competition currently by the Shuoer EJ07

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #4,242 of 5,201
Hey Guys,

Congrats! That is a very nice looking and classy set, imo. Yes, I would suggest you try some foams. I use Newbee foams for all my iems and I haven't been disappointed so far. Look them up on Aliexpress or Amazon. They usually come in a set of 6 pairs, and are less than $10. With the Aliexpress 11/11 sale, you will probably get them for less.

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #4,244 of 5,201
Courier, they are about to go on sale for 5 bucks on Ali. I’m definitely going to get a set. Thank you.
You're welcome! Hope you like them. I have them on all my iems now (first discovered them from a rec by a fellow headfi member about a year ago...I've bought 4 sets now). I'm not a big fan of silicones because I've never been able to get a really good, isolating fit with any I've tried. Plus, my ears sweat alot with sillies. So generally I prefer foams. I've tried Complys and Dekoni's but don't like how scratchy they feel in my ears. Complys are also expensive. The Newbees are a smooth, soft memory foam that are super comfortable. I like how they make my iems sound. They help bring out the bass, give excellent details in the treble (but make it smoother and less fatiguing) while their wide bores don't affect the mids much at all. I hope that these foam tips will help you enjoy your new purchase more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back