FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 3, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #3,421 of 5,201
Sorry, but I was under the impression that a pure silver cable would boost the mids and treble. I'm ok with the bass of this set...really don't want or need any more.
Higher frequencies conducted by the surface. It's physics. So SPC is enough, but more surface will give u more treble, so maybe 16 core SPC rather than 8 core SPC:vulcan:

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #3,422 of 5,201
Sorry, but I was under the impression that a pure silver cable would boost the mids and treble. I'm ok with the bass of this set...really don't want or need any more.
In my experience higher conductivity leads to increases in bass on the Roland. It's one of those funny things with low impedance IEMs- they don't always react like you might expect.

I had my best success with copper cables on this one. Even a 4 core 28AWG 7N UP-OCC cable outperformed my 26AWG pure silver cable- all balance was lost with the more conductive cable.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #3,423 of 5,201
Sorry, didn't have N3 with me today Roland is putting out of business everything. Well, better late than never.. i guess:wink:
I still love N3ap. It has such a fun signature. The N3 bass is so delicious that there is no way M9 with BA bass is an upgrade. M9 has more treble than Roland but the quality of the Roland treble is on another level! Roland has less bass as well but that bass is more accurate, more natural, balanced.
N3 treble is very very good! It's my 2nd favorite treble after Roland. That magnesium twitter delivers smooth, forgiving extended treble which I prefer even to Z5 one! (Z5 has magnesium super twitter too, but additional BA twitter IMO messed up the treble)
IMO N3 is a masterpiece that outperforms it's price range on many levels. If you want something more natural, go for Roland, Roland has better, very realistic soundstage that not only delivers depth but also can give a cue of distance, room size.
I don't like the fit. I attached silicone wings to N3 and wear them over the ear. Roland is near perfect fit and isolation wise.
If you are satisfied with the fit and love the signature, then I'm not sure $1K upgrade is worth it.
Roland is more accurate, N3 - more fun:stuck_out_tongue:. I like having both. Roland has Less bass, Less treble, but acoustic music sounds so real on it. I'm listening to N3 right now and don't miss Roland all that much. Don't rush :vulcan:
That's kind of how I'd compare the Roland and my IMR R2 Atens. The Roland is just so REAL, the R2 is hyper-real and so out-of-head. I like both just as much for opposite reasons.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #3,424 of 5,201
Give more resistance to make the bass lesser. Try it with iematch, big difference. Or just buy some cheap impedance adapter.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #3,425 of 5,201
Higher frequencies conducted by the surface. It's physics. So SPC is enough, but more surface will give u more treble, so maybe 16 core SPC rather than 8 core SPC:vulcan:
Hmm...thanks! I'll toss this around in my head for awhile.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #3,426 of 5,201
That's kind of how I'd compare the Roland and my IMR R2 Atens. The Roland is just so REAL, the R2 is hyper-real and so out-of-head. I like both just as much for opposite reasons.
I have R1 zenith and just ordered Rah( DD,Planar,Piezo) I'm a sucker for the soundstage:sweat_smile:

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #3,427 of 5,201
In my experience higher conductivity leads to increases in bass on the Roland. It's one of those funny things with low impedance IEMs- they don't always react like you might expect.

I had my best success with copper cables on this one. Even a 4 core 28AWG 7N UP-OCC cable outperformed my 26AWG pure silver cable- all balance was lost with the more conductive cable.
Roland has transformer inside, so it can in fact throw a monkey wrench in FR with cable capacitance. I noticed some inconsistency too, but luckily SDBRO $14 at least for now is very satisfying!:smile_phones:

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #3,428 of 5,201
To me Roland has little flex. Compare to it, Legend X one is cringe worthy.
In my experience this is the price for isolation. The only sealed IEMs that don't flex are the Sony's ones ime.
My EE Bravado has some serious driver flex too.

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #3,429 of 5,201
My EE Bravado has some serious driver flex too.
I suspect, Valkyrie does too. That's why I'm happy with Roland. Almost none.

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #3,430 of 5,201
Hmm...thanks! I'll toss this around in my head for awhile.
Now, on the second thought rather then spending more on cables, what I did is created setting on my Radsone Ear-studio for more trebble. Also if ur on android, Eqfy app has multiple editable settings.

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #3,431 of 5,201
Hawaiibadboy thank you for rec!
Roland is just crazy good :)
Stock cable... oh my oh my.... The sound fades back and forth when you twist the jack.
It's seems like all cables for Roland have this issue...
Let's wait and see how Fearless handle this situation.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #3,432 of 5,201
Thank you guys for all your feedbacks on Roland. Just placed order for a custom Roland few days ago. Its gonna be my first CIEM and first IEM at 1k+ price (using RHA T10 atm). I have been looking at EE LX and waiting more news of a EE prototype Odin. Given the positive feedbacks about Roland and comparison with LX, I decided to go for it directly...without even a trial (didn't see any demo available in my place). Taking risk but I am positive.

Sep 4, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #3,435 of 5,201
Now, on the second thought rather then spending more on cables, what I did is created setting on my Radsone Ear-studio for more trebble. Also if ur on android, Eqfy app has multiple editable settings.

Give E1DA's Poweramp V2 (with its own EQ app) and 9038S a try, they are quite a lot better than ES100 which I also own, and will release the full potential of the Rolands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back