FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 3, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #3,406 of 5,201
Roland? Heavy bass? Surely you jest :joy:

Yes. Their stock cable is terrible. I've told Penon and Linsoul and both passed it on. According to Linsoul, Fearless refuses to change it. I just mentally tack on another $100 and have a replacement on hand at this point. It's a heavy black mark in Fearless' debit, and if their IEMs weren't so dang good (and for the price), I'd not bother at all.
?? Its st7

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #3,407 of 5,201
Sep 3, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #3,408 of 5,201
Sep 3, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #3,410 of 5,201
That being said, that **** looks more like what I might want out of a sound signature at the moment, in fact it looks like it might be darn near perfect - can't seem to find any reviews or mentions of it though... Would prefer to confirm that it isn't somehow a complete dud before I toss any money at it...

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #3,411 of 5,201
That **** ST7 using MMCX cable, the same that came with BGVP DMG. That cable has weird peak around 8K. I tried it with shure se846 (because it looked good with it) but it was messing up tonality.
If **** is tuning ST7 for that cable, it's going to be impossible to replace without sacrificing some of that graph beauty.
But if one chooses to keep that cable, then it's going to get stiff from contact with the skin within 2 weeks.:no_good: Not a good cable choice:thumbsdown:.
What is it with Chi-fi and cables?:face_palm:
Also, for my preference, Roland is near ideal. I thought maybe a bit brighter treble would be nice, but it as it is, sound so damn natural, I'm not sure I would want to change anything today.
I was considering EE Valkyrie but was perplexed reading impressions on EE thread of those who heard both, that Valkyrie is a downgrade from Legend X, having heard Rolands ESTs - even more so. How can you even compare that treble, I have no idea:shrug:
So with Valkyrie I would have mediocre isolation, terrible driver flex and intolerance to portable sources. That "Upgrade" would cost me $600:thinking:

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #3,412 of 5,201
Do NOT take manufacturers smoothed graphs serious by ****, Fearless or anyone.

Check Nicehck NX7 manufacturer graph on aliexpress then google image "nicehck nx7 freq"

Full disclosure: was contacted by Nicehck to review nx7 but declined as I already had it and thought it was bad. Not going to crap on their folks parade so.. but graphs...yeah...don't trust any of them :wink:

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #3,413 of 5,201

Check Nicehck NX7 manufacturer graph on aliexpress then google image "nicehck nx7 freq"

Full disclosure: was contacted by Nicehck to review nx7 but declined as I already had it and thought it was bad. Not going to crap on their folks parade so.. but graphs...yeah...don't trust any of them :wink:
I agree. It's so U shaped No EQ can recover those mids. The sizzling ceramic treble is kind of fascinating though...:thinking:

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #3,414 of 5,201
As a scandinavian I though I'd just leave this here - seems appropriate :)

Nice!

Norse mythology is pretty cool, so is this in my book. US band but their best known vocalist (out of 3 so far) is Norwegian. (not on this song though)

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #3,415 of 5,201
Hawaiibadboy, I know ur skeptical about cables FR effect, but that BGVP silver cable is really freaky. It made sibilant sounds to get a little whistling added.
Edit: BGVP DMG cable

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #3,416 of 5,201
Hawaiibadboy, I know ur skeptical about cables FR effect, but that BGVP silver cable is really freaky. It made sibilant sounds to get a little whistling added.
Edit: BGVP DMG cable

I don't believe in cables making dif unless the cable sucks ...Fearless is sourcing new cables for roland and will give to past buyers who already have purchased Roland...I was just told

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #3,417 of 5,201

Sorry bro, but I can't agree with you on the NX7. I personally really like that set (it's my second favorite behind the Moondrop Kanas PRO). Next is KZ ZS10 PRO...last is the TFZ No.3. I usually trust your recs because we have similar tastes in music, but I'm not a big fan of the No.3. I'd take the upfront brightness of the NX7 any day, over the bass emphasized darkness of the No.3. Still not giving up on the No.3...they have gotten better with burn in and a SPC cable swap. I'm going to get a pure silver cable within the next month or 2, so we'll see if that makes them more enjoyable to me. So far though, I'd take the KZ ZS10 PRO over the No.3. And less than $50.
Edit: Don't care about graphs. I do agree with what you said...graphs don't really tell the whole story. Frankly, I don't care about how stuff graphs. I rely on my ears only. Either it sounds good to me, or it don't.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #3,418 of 5,201
@Owludio I see you own the N3ap as well. Can you tell me whether Roland or Ier M9 would be the proper upgrade for someone that loves N3ap? :)

Would prefer slightly more treble and a wider soundstage :)
Sorry, didn't have N3 with me today Roland is putting out of business everything. Well, better late than never.. i guess:wink:
I still love N3ap. It has such a fun signature. The N3 bass is so delicious that there is no way M9 with BA bass is an upgrade. M9 has more treble than Roland but the quality of the Roland treble is on another level! Roland has less bass as well but that bass is more accurate, more natural, balanced.
N3 treble is very very good! It's my 2nd favorite treble after Roland. That magnesium twitter delivers smooth, forgiving extended treble which I prefer even to Z5 one! (Z5 has magnesium super twitter too, but additional BA twitter IMO messed up the treble)
IMO N3 is a masterpiece that outperforms it's price range on many levels. If you want something more natural, go for Roland, Roland has better, very realistic soundstage that not only delivers depth but also can give a cue of distance, room size.
I don't like the fit. I attached silicone wings to N3 and wear them over the ear. Roland is near perfect fit and isolation wise.
If you are satisfied with the fit and love the signature, then I'm not sure $1K upgrade is worth it.
Roland is more accurate, N3 - more fun:stuck_out_tongue:. I like having both. Roland has Less bass, Less treble, but acoustic music sounds so real on it. I'm listening to N3 right now and don't miss Roland all that much. Don't rush :vulcan:

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #3,419 of 5,201
Sorry bro, but I can't agree with you on the NX7. I personally really like that set (it's my second favorite behind the Moondrop Kanas PRO). Next is KZ ZS10 PRO...last is the TFZ No.3. I usually trust your recs because we have similar tastes in music, but I'm not a big fan of the No.3. I'd take the upfront brightness of the NX7 any day, over the bass emphasized darkness of the No.3. Still not giving up on the No.3...they have gotten better with burn in and a SPC cable swap. I'm going to get a pure silver cable within the next month or 2, so we'll see if that makes them more enjoyable to me. So far though, I'd take the KZ ZS10 PRO over the No.3. And less than $50.
Edit: Don't care about graphs. I do agree with what you said...graphs don't really tell the whole story. Frankly, I don't care about how stuff graphs. I rely on my ears only. Either it sounds good to me, or it don't.
Pure silver will not have advantage over SPC. It will only boost sub bass. An I agree, No.3 is too dark, though my friend likes it, probably better ears:thinking:

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #3,420 of 5,201
Pure silver will not have advantage over SPC. It will only boost sub bass. An I agree, No.3 is too dark, though my friend likes it, probably better ears:thinking:
Sorry, but I was under the impression that a pure silver cable would boost the mids and treble. I'm ok with the bass of this set...really don't want or need any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back