FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 3, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #3,376 of 5,201
Lol yes the LX has a notable amount of driver flex (Atlas too if we're naming and shaming). Noble Khan either didn't flex or had very minor flex that wasn't memorable (I didn't note it in my impressions).
andro has no flex if i can recall. Quite amazing

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #3,378 of 5,201

andro has no flex if i can recall. Quite amazing
Andro is all BA. They usually don't flex. BTW. Roland gold is pretty nice. Linsoul pics didn't do it justice. But for me IEM is not an accessory:nerd:

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #3,379 of 5,201
Sep 3, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #3,380 of 5,201

Andro is all BA. They usually don't flex. BTW. Roland gold is pretty nice. Linsoul pics didn't do it justice. But for me IEM is not an accessory:nerd:
Yes, even s8 has a slight flex. I notice that.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #3,381 of 5,201
Yes, even s8 has a slight flex. I notice that.
Yes, slight click. Technically that's sound of diaphragm bottoming out. BA don't really "flex" :slight_smile:

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #3,383 of 5,201
i might have been using a wrong term but the flex i meant here is the creak sound due to air pressure to the internal compartments whenever you deep insert your iem. I do hear this with some iems i own including s8pro.

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #3,384 of 5,201
On my S8F, i also heard “driver flex-like” crinkle.
Initially i thought it weird because it’s all BA.
It might be just pressure building up in my ears, especially since Fearless shells are hollow.
A8, S8F, and Roland all fit super deep and tightly in my ear (i use a wide tip that allows me to shove them all the way in. Faceplates are flush against my ears).
With Roland, it’s def driver flex.
With the S8F, not sure what it is.
With A8, no crinkle.

Driver flex isn’t that too serious of an issue i think, but it’s just a personal annoyance.

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #3,385 of 5,201
On my S8F, i also heard “driver flex-like” crinkle.
Initially i thought it weird because it’s all BA.
It might be just pressure building up in my ears, especially since Fearless shells are hollow.
A8, S8F, and Roland all fit super deep and tightly in my ear (i use a wide tip that allows me to shove them all the way in. Faceplates are flush against my ears).
With Roland, it’s def driver flex.
With the S8F, not sure what it is.
With A8, no crinkle.

Driver flex isn’t that too serious of an issue i think, but it’s just a personal annoyance.
Yes, that's what i meant before. Just a wrong term. Maybe a single dot vent can vastly counter the issue.

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #3,386 of 5,201
Speaking of driver reflex, I would like to share a little story.

Several years ago I bought a pair of twin-DD driver IEMs from one of the head-fi members. The sound on the left side would cut in and out whenever I touched the cable. The seller told me that was the 'driver reflex' (apparently the cable was bad). Later I found out that the unit I bought was a review unit that the seller received from the manufacturer (confirmed by the manufacturer). He sold the review unit to make some profit (clearly a violation against head-fi policy). The manufacture took the responsibility and sent me a replacement unit. I think that seller is no longer a member of head-fi.

Sep 3, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #3,387 of 5,201
LX has 3 vents and flexes like mad. I don't mind slight flex with what we are getting with it.
DD Bass with good isolation is not easy to achieve. Everybody, including EE making a shortcuts of vented design to get deep sub extension. Fearless is one of a few who was up to the challenge. Folks who are into a speakers design, you know that the fanciest and most expensive speakers are compression ones, not reflex!
Edit: Ment Vented Reflex design

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #3,388 of 5,201
In countries like China and HK, customers tend to prefer big brands IEMs over chifi at this price range. The HK local audio shop don't even sell any Fearless products (not even Tin audio).

Such a pity.

Cable is not that bad. All they had to do is to use $0.50 more on the connector and get it gold plated. Frequency response of the cable is matter of personal preference. I will try that cable again in a week after replacing 3.5 Jack. By then burn in will have complete. (Yes, I notice changes:wink:)
Sadly, they don't seem to read this thread, or any feedback for that matter. Cannot imagine Asian customers don't complain.

Sep 3, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #3,390 of 5,201

Users who are viewing this thread

Back