FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 20, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #571 of 5,201
I see you have the s8, KPE and DM6. I would be very interested in your views on how KPE compares to both the DM6 and the S8. Thank you.
Will do! In no way a reviewer, and lack all the right terminology, but give me a couple of days and will put thoughts down!

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #573 of 5,201
What keeps coming to my mind as a standout as I listen to these is texture. Dunno what else to say yet, but that's my dominant thought.

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #575 of 5,201
I can pick up fingers sliding up guitar strings....that stuff gets me into the "live/being there" mode.

Your babies
I can totally see that, yeah. Something else I'm noticing is that where there are multiple voices in particular (and this really is sticking out especially with voices for me), the placement of each voice is very precise, and each one is detailed and resolvable.

Edit: though I wouldn't mind one of these as a little thanks for the pictures! :o2smile:

Fearless-Audio-S6-RUI-review-3.jpg

(I thought they might come with this case but it seems they don't! Was looking forward to it, and it doesn't seem to be available elsewhere)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #576 of 5,201
I can totally see that, yeah. Something else I'm noticing is that where there are multiple voices in particular (and this really is sticking out especially with voices for me), the placement of each voice is very precise, and each one is detailed and resolvable.

Edit: though I wouldn't mind one of these as a little thanks for the pictures! :o2smile:

Fearless-Audio-S6-RUI-review-3.jpg

(I thought they might come with this case but it seems they don't! Was looking forward to it, and it doesn't seem to be available elsewhere)

Mine (from January) came with both that case and the plastic rectangular one. I noticed they also changed the cable from the black “64 Audio style” ones to the silver ones. Iem manufacturing also seems to have improved (mine had a bubble in the the resin).
Seems like Fearless Audio is still working to figure out their production set up. Maybe we’ll see some more changes (for the better!) in coming weeks.

Mar 21, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #578 of 5,201
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #579 of 5,201
Mar 21, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #580 of 5,201
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #581 of 5,201
I have a small dumb question.
Does switching the right/left cable with the right/left earphones change the sound/quality?
I realize that it's going to change the left and right channels of course, but when I switch the sides, I hear some details better.
Can't tell if one of my ear is worse than the other or if it's due to the phase stuff.
Thanks

Mar 21, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #582 of 5,201

Ahhh, makes sense--I thought she was pushing the brand for Fearless to multiple stores, but I see. Putting in work regardless!

@johnchpark that seems like it's gotta be your ears. Keep in mind that the brain is actually slightly asymmetric in its hearing properties; because of the location of the primary speech processing centers, a perfectly balanced audio source will sound every so slightly off to the side. It wouldn't surprise me if this extended to other things that aren't vocals, even though the vocal thing alone would have an effect on how you hear other things.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #583 of 5,201
Ahhh, makes sense--I thought she was pushing the brand for Fearless to multiple stores, but I see. Putting in work regardless!

@johnchpark that seems like it's gotta be your ears. Keep in mind that the brain is actually slightly asymmetric in its hearing properties; because of the location of the primary speech processing centers, a perfectly balanced audio source will sound every so slightly off to the side. It wouldn't surprise me if this extended to other things that aren't vocals, even though the vocal thing alone would have an effect on how you hear other things.

Thanks for the help. I was hearing hi hats (that were panned right in the recording) louder when I switched the cable sides. Explains it.

Mar 21, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #584 of 5,201
Thanks for the help. I was hearing hi hats (that were panned right in the recording) louder when I switched the cable sides. Explains it.

You have to make sure your + and - polarity is correct. Meaning that if the cables are put on backwards it will put the IEMs out of phase. The out of phase sound is different, though more noticeable for some. There have even been reports of IEMs wired up backwards at the factory causing such an issue.

Mar 21, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #585 of 5,201
You have to make sure your + and - polarity is correct. Meaning that if the cables are put on backwards it will put the IEMs out of phase. The out of phase sound is different, though more noticeable for some. There have even been reports of IEMs wired up backwards at the factory causing such an issue.

I used this tool: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php to check the phase.
I realized that it was out of phase (with the correct left/right cable-ing) so I switched the left/right.
But then I used this tool: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php to test the left/right stereo and the stereo was reversed! (hearing "left" in the right earphone).
Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back