FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Feb 20, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #31 of 5,201
Thanks all this is great information. I am looking at these Fearless S4 or stepping up to the S6 if it's really worth the extra. HawaiiBadBoy I am following your Youtube channel closely. I just canceled my order for the DM6 that I placed Sunday because I want to really see what these are all about. The S4/S6 seem like a great set for me. I listen to a lot of the same kind of music in your playlists and also am also a musician so I want to use these for monitoring. I am an electric guitarist and lead vocalist. I just had a set of Alclair RSM quad BA inears that we could never get the custom fit right on so I am moving on to the universals. The RSMs were amazing and seemed to be very flat, now maybe flat to me is the Harmon curve but I honestly don't know. From their description it is pretty flat and used for reference monitoring. I loved that sound. But I won't be editing or creating sounds with them, just monitoring click tracks, backing tracks, band members, and general music. This leads me to believe that the quad driver Fearless S4 would be my preferred set. Very anxious to see your shootout and full writeup. It's important to me that I have clarity and the imaging is accurate, love details but do tend to get fatigue from the highs. I've got the KZ AS10 coming and from what I see they also follow the Harmon Curve. Not expecting those to be as good as these costing x-times more but still a good backup/mowing the lawn pair. Do you think the S4 is a good enough set or is there really that much of a difference up to the S6Rui to make it worth it?

I think since you are using it in your life in a serious manner the S6 rui would be the way to go. They have an engaging playback and have a bit more ability playing back the minutia in music tracks. I do think the s4 is good enough though. I do not agree more BA = better sound so the s4 would be good enough while I think the S6 is better. The s5 might be the best value as it is hard to tell the diff between 5 and 6 and they have 2 versions . one is the "h" for musicians and the other is Turbo...and that is for fun "V"

Out of curiosity, any idea when that S10 is coming in for you? My OCD has got the best of me and I'm going to order one of the two (S6 or S10) tomorrow. Would love to see at least an initial impression on the bass of the S10, it'll be irresistible if it sounds like the curve it has and I can EQ the bass to absurd levels. That setup should really rumble my brain if it pans out.

It will be about a week which is like 6 months in dog years...I mean audio hobbyist time

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #32 of 5,201
Awesome, I’ve been thinking since my bday is coming up I’ll hang loose till then and I could then afford either the S6 or S8pro. Doing research on those two models. Both are more monitor reference geared. If I can use them for sound creation, audio production, as well as stage all the better. I agree that more BA being crammed in doesn’t equals better. I’ve been looking at a lot of ultimate ears and 64 audio frequency responses. What is really starting to be apparent is most of these companies are adopting a target response curve based off something extremely similar to the Harmon Curve, if not one of the many revisions and tuning them accordingly. When you go to 64 audio and see their stated flat even response then look at the user tested FRs you see what I am talking about. Like the compensated FR is flat because it hits that target curve so closely. Now here is where the interesting thing comes in. Most of them that hit it so accurately are 12-18 BA sets like UE18+ Pro and 64 audio A12/18t etc. but I’d tou look at your graphs and the fearless graphs these 4 to 8 BA sets are achieving extremely accurate and smooth trainsitions. I see a lot of people claim it gives more clarity having more drivers doubling up etc but idk. The S8pro is so close to the 64 audio u18t FR I may be just going for those. I can hold out a few weeks and by then I’ll have the funds and I’d imagine you’ll have some incite as well. Anyway have fun testing out all these cool new products!
I think since you are using it in your life in a serious manner the S6 rui would be the way to go. They have an engaging playback and have a bit more ability playing back the minutia in music tracks. I do think the s4 is good enough though. I do not agree more BA = better sound so the s4 would be good enough while I think the S6 is better. The s5 might be the best value as it is hard to tell the diff between 5 and 6 and they have 2 versions . one is the "h" for musicians and the other is Turbo...and that is for fun "V"

It will be about a week which is like 6 months in dog years...I mean audio hobbyist time

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #33 of 5,201
Yeah, next week is the magical land where I'll have fiscal restraint. I'm deciding tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

The S6 will have good resale value purely based on your review, whereas the S10 is unproven, and likely to be equal or a modest improvement.

The choice is an obvious one since one is about half the price, but damn if fear of missing out isn't a powerful concept, it coincides perfectly with obsessive compulsive disorder.

I'm not an adherent to more BA= better, I just dig the FR curve and the bass setup on the S10.

50/50 as of right now.

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #34 of 5,201
Yeah, next week is the magical land where I'll have fiscal restraint. I'm deciding tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

The S6 will have good resale value purely based on your review, whereas the S10 is unproven, and likely to be equal or a modest improvement.

The choice is an obvious one since one is about half the price, but damn if fear of missing out isn't a powerful concept, it coincides perfectly with obsessive compulsive disorder.

I'm not an adherent to more BA= better, I just dig the FR curve and the bass setup on the S10.

50/50 as of right now.

S6 Rui is superb bro.
The resale will be good as it is an up and comer and bleeding edge folks will share your O.C.D and opt on your used set ( if you chose) than wait 7-21 days from China.

Pull that trigger bro.

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #35 of 5,201
Yeah, I'm thinking to buy the S6 pretty soon... but it could be the S8, who knows. S10 is too rich for my blood.

But there are so many customization options... not even sure what to do on that front; it's too hard to decide!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #36 of 5,201
Yeah, I'm thinking to buy the S6 pretty soon... but it could be the S8, who knows. S10 is too rich for my blood.

But there are so many customization options... not even sure what to do on that front; it's too hard to decide!

For sure, option paralysis. It's helping hold out for a few weeks. If I go S8pro that default wood backing looks perfect as is. The more I am thinking about all this the more I think those are the ones I am going to be going with. Will be waiting to see what the readout looks like from HBB and if it syncs up thinking I'll go with those.

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #37 of 5,201
I'm comparing the FR and layout of these and it's hard to tell, but the S6 and S10 seem to be competing to see which Harman Target Curve is closer to reality. The only major difference is the drop from 5-7k on the S10 and a slower drop and earlier peak before 20k on the S10. I suspect the S10 should sound slightly airier given that and the 4way x-over.

The S10 has 3 sound tubes and a 4 way crossover..... Versus 2 and 3 on the 6. I there in the FR graph of the S8 for fun, not my cup of tea, too warm.

Here's my quick and dirty reference graphic of the s6 and S10 to help me decide.... I'm going to stare at this all day rather than work I'm sure...
Comparison.jpg

Feb 21, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #39 of 5,201
Can we talk about the different versions of each? The "pro" and "turbo" or whatever they were? I remember reading that even for audiophiles, the turbo were suggested over the pros, which seemed to be designed strictly for studio monitoring and not much else. Any insights, anyone?

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #40 of 5,201
S5T does look like a similar curve to the S8pro but it's just elevated up in all areas. They market S5T as being bass heavy and booming. The S5H is pretty well in line with S6Rui from the graphs and what HBB told me above. So to me it'd come down to your use case, are you using to listen to high quality recorded music only or wanting to have mixed uses like using for studio/live stage monitoring. I am in the mixed usage camp. So many people in my use case rave about the 64 audio A18t/U18T and the S8pro looks to be near clone of that frequency response. Really if you look at most of the 64 audio custom in ears the curve seems to all be of this nature. One thing I am curious about is how well these take EQ. I'd think the more laid back highs of the S8pro could be boosted a bit like I do on my M1060 planars to even out the sound. Overall I am pretty confident I will be happy with any of these. But reference class is really what I am after. If I can get that with spending a few more bucks I am totally ok with that. At this point I am set on the S8pro after much back and forth, I just want to see some real world graphs to make sure it's really legit. I am kind of a music director of sorts for my band so I need to hear everyone clearly, not just my electric and vocals. I also really enjoy to hear my music that way as well, then when mood strikes for more "fun" I can EQ that fun curve in save it and go.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #41 of 5,201
Can we talk about the different versions of each? The "pro" and "turbo" or whatever they were? I remember reading that even for audiophiles, the turbo were suggested over the pros, which seemed to be designed strictly for studio monitoring and not much else. Any insights, anyone?
The S8pro has 4 sound tubes.... Starting to get too fancy for everything to play nice if you ask me. I'd definitely want to demo that pair prior to buying. Might sound pretty odd... The S10 and S6 really do it for me. This is going to be a tough choice.

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #42 of 5,201
The S8pro has 4 sound tubes.... Starting to get too fancy for everything to play nice if you ask me. I'd definitely want to demo that pair prior to buying. Might sound pretty odd... The S10 and S6 really do it for me. This is going to be a tough choice.
yeah, the difference in sound tubes is very interesting. i can't remember where i read it, but a seller had suggested the "turbo" in part because they felt like having the extra sound tubes actually made the sound less enjoyable.

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #43 of 5,201
Nah, that's not too fancy - the flagship fearless ACME8 is the fancy one with that single interconnected 3D printed tube. It looks like a freakin maze, but could be the next step in sound evolution
TB2hzMStAKWBuNjy1zjXXcOypXa_!!33904207.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #44 of 5,201
acme.jpg
Wow that looks like some alien ray gun of some kind! Now I have to wonder if someone is a Marvin the Martian fan over there.

Nah, that's not too fancy - the flagship fearless ACME8 is the fancy one with that single interconnected 3D printed tube. It looks like a freakin maze, but could be the next step in sound evolution
TB2hzMStAKWBuNjy1zjXXcOypXa_!!33904207.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back