FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 12, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #3,766 of 5,201
curious to have you comparison against Solaris
I'm out till eve, just picked up Roland from post office. But from memory,
It's much flatter, midcentric to Solaris or LX, smooth, subtle, DD works well, treble is subdued but enjoyable , needs EQ to sparkle, otherwise a bit like se846.
Will do proper comparison later

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #3,768 of 5,201
I'm out till eve, just picked up Roland from post office. But from memory,
It's much flatter, midcentric to Solaris or LX, smooth, subtle, DD works well, treble is subdued but enjoyable , needs EQ to sparkle, otherwise a bit like se846.
Will do proper comparison later
Thank you for sharing your impressions. I don't think I will like the sound signature of Rolland. I don't have the same taste as BGGAR. I have been disappointed in the past by DM6 that was highly recommended by him. I will not make the same mistake with Rolland. I'm already very happy with my Solaris and IMR R2

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #3,769 of 5,201
Thank you for sharing your impressions. I don't think I will like the sound signature of Rolland. I don't have the same taste as BGGAR. I have been disappointed in the past by DM6 that was highly recommended by him. I will not make the same mistake with Rolland. I'm already very happy with my Solaris and IMR R2
I feel the same, a potential return, yet Roland is far better than the s8f i had briefly, so different league, i might grow to like it..
Once i get home I'll pit it against the competition

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #3,770 of 5,201
Next week will be for me dedicated to thorough evaluation of EE Legend X to make a decision whether I can justify keeping this "investment". Ever since getting Roland, I'm having hard time liking the sound which I was not very fond to begin with.
I need to be fair to it. I have been addicted to Roland realistic neutral presentation as for last few weeks it had over 95% of the ear time. That also making me concerned of my ability to enjoy upcoming IMR Rah as well as most of my collection. This is so weird...:worried:

Sep 12, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #3,771 of 5,201
Next week will be for me dedicated to thorough evaluation of EE Legend X to make a decision whether I can justify keeping this "investment". Ever since getting Roland, I'm having hard time liking the sound which I was not very fond to begin with.
I need to be fair to it. I have been addicted to Roland realistic neutral presentation as for last few weeks it had over 95% of the ear time. That also making me concerned of my ability to enjoy upcoming IMR Rah as well as most of my collection. This is so weird...:worried:
RAH is going to be amazing. I'm sure about that

Sep 12, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #3,772 of 5,201
RAH is going to be amazing. I'm sure about that
Thanks, looking forward to discussing it on IMR thread later:)
I hope my "detox" from Roland will be a success. I EQ-ed down bass on LX and now making some progress. Still miss Roland treble..

Sep 12, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #3,773 of 5,201
Medikill said:
?Invest? :grimacing:

invest
/ɪnˈvɛst/
verb
  1. 1.
    put (money) into financial schemes, shares, property, or a commercial venture with the expectation of achieving a profit.

2. at least someone know the analogy of investment. You can invest in music gear and in return(profit) for enjoyment (happiness).

Sep 12, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #3,774 of 5,201
@medkill. at least someone know the analogy of investment. You can invest in music gear and in return(profit) for enjoyment (happiness).

Sep 12, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #3,776 of 5,201
At least we aren't getting naked pictures of a certain person in Sony mdr-R10s...

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #3,777 of 5,201
I have the R2, and really like it. It is WILDLY different from the Roland. There is a definite adjustment period going from one to the other

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #3,778 of 5,201
Definitely use the 4.4mm balanced out on low gain. Benefits of that output definitely outweigh the possibility of slight hiss.
Can't wait to try it balanced. Roland sounds really good, and even better with a little power.

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #3,779 of 5,201
Just got Roland, cable went to bin right away.
Still..kinda disappointing, so flat and yes, kinda hollow, a little bit, not much, but its there, tunnel like..hmm
Kinda good, but nothing special sound.
Needs massive EQing to sound fun.
I'll give it a week, yet to compare to LX,Solaris and my current favourite Acoustune HS1670SS
So how do you compare with etys like er2se, er4sr, or KSE if u ever heard of them. Because all of them has the "boring" signature for casual listener but definitely my type of signature.

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #3,780 of 5,201
Thanks, looking forward to discussing it on IMR thread later:)
I hope my "detox" from Roland will be a success. I EQ-ed down bass on LX and now making some progress. Still miss Roland treble..
“ I’ve put a golf engine in my Ferrari ...” is all I could read here :D :D. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back