1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions

First

Back
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241
Next

Last
  1. sareer007
    I am not sure but in e1da discord there is a y splitter mod by cutting a red wire in the y splitter and then a powerbank can be used as a battery. E1DA told that he will order modded y splitter and provide it with future sales. You can contact him and ask him for more details.

2. progdvd
    I want to use HPToy. And having powerbank connected to a phone and dac. Not an option for me. I need portable solution - phone and dac in a stack it's ok, to add a powerbank is just too much

twiceboss likes this.
  3. twiceboss
    I'll wait for awhile i guess. It seems bulky for my portable setup.

4. twiceboss
    lol same boat.
    the 9038s seems can be powered by phone. Just depends on your phone. Galaxy phone should work fine but it will eat the juice very quickly.

sareer007 likes this.
  5. sareer007
    powerdac v2 works without a powerbank with some samsung phones and pixel phones. You can see in HBB video that he just uses a usb c to usb b cable on his samsung galaxy note 4. But the power draw is noticeable.

twiceboss likes this.
  6. twiceboss
    so both of them can be powered by phone as long as you have the phone that allows for bigger voltage draw on your port. Ok, that seems a better option for me. Just need to find if usb b to usb c is exist or not.

sareer007 likes this.
  7. progdvd

Too bad, I guess I'll wait till they come up with the version with internal battery and support for HPToy

8. sareer007
    The newer versions of 9038s will work with a usb c to usbc cable for all phones. But for powerdac v2, you need specific phones for it to be powered directly. I hope I am clear. Sorry for the confusiom.

9. twiceboss
    the powerdac v2 works with android without powerbank too. Just a battery drain issue i guess.

10. twiceboss
    yes, i have s10plus, should have no problem drawing juice from it since samsung doesnt limit that. The problem is only about the battery. It could drain my battery too much.

11. progdvd

Exactly that's the only solution. Probably most modern smartphones won't have problems powering this thing if they support OTG protocol. But always keep powerbank handy in a bag

12. sareer007
    I may be wrong but AFAIK, the problem is not otg, but the voltage draw. So it won't work with all otg enabled phones. IMHO you should contact E1DA before you buy them to make sure your phone works.

13. twiceboss
    Sure no prob, i have a lot of portable amp currently. I wanna sell some of them. Selling my Hiby W5 btw if anyone here interested.

14. Owludio
    @1Q84 :deadhorse: Roland compared to T800 sounds more like its bass mostly stays out of the way, while deep sub bass impact is all there. Lower mids are thicker than T800 and was a little uncomfortable at first, but then, on orchestral, symphonic and acoustic music it gives instruments such a full bodied sound, that not only instruments and vocals, but entire room comes alive. At that point I forget about analyzing and just immerse in music. Also T800 treble sounds insufferably harsh in comparison.:weary: Not in the same league!
    In fact Roland sounds a lot better with everything, including old 128kb Mp3. It's forgiving to compression artifacts as well as some improperly bright pop songs. Upper mids are light and airy, they don't jump at u but also don't hide away.
    Im running out of ways to describe Roland sound. Just get aboard already :wink:!:railway_car::railway_track::bullettrain_side:

1Q84 likes this.
First

Back
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241
Next

Last