FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 4, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #3,436 of 5,201
Give E1DA's Poweramp V2 (with its own EQ app) and 9038S a try, they are quite a lot better than ES100 which I also own, and will release the full potential of the Rolands.

After HBBs video i was interested in these especially for that app. Can you compare the two?
Is there any sense of getting one of them if I have Ifi xdsd? And yes I'm ordering Roland soon.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #3,437 of 5,201
Give E1DA's Poweramp V2 (with its own EQ app) and 9038S a try, they are quite a lot better than ES100 which I also own, and will release the full potential of the Rolands.
Is its EQ global? My Creative SXFI sadly has built in player with EQ instead of global eq.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I will read its thread here.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #3,438 of 5,201
After HBBs video i was interested in these especially for that app. Can you compare the two?
Is there any sense of getting one of them if I have Ifi xdsd? And yes I'm ordering Roland soon.

I own the idsd black label, and I think the DAC is the weakest part of it. It sounds like something developed from a long time ago. (I only use it to drive my JVC SZ2000). So it is not even fair to compare the two. Both V2 and 9038s sound so much cleaner, faster and more musical than xdsd. Both 9038s and V2 are much more enjoyable to listen too, and they are a great match with Roland. As I've said before, the cross-over is really well-executed, and thus any minor adjustment on the HPtoy eq app, you will hear significant changes which is quite extraordinary considering the price and size of it. You will not regret it (but you will need a 2.5mm balanced cable).

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #3,439 of 5,201
Is its EQ global? My Creative SXFI sadly has built in player with EQ instead of global eq.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I will read its thread here.

It is Global EQ that is well developed and executed. It works faster than the ES100 EQ app, and you have a lot more options as well, altho ES100 EQ app has a better interface.

There is pretty much no lag when you adjust the inputs. I have not encountered any crashes with the app as well. It makes the Hiby EQ looks like a toy.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #3,440 of 5,201
I own the idsd black label, and I think the DAC is the weakest part of it. It sounds like something developed from a long time ago. (I only use it to drive my JVC SZ2000). So it is not even fair to compare the two. Both V2 and 9038s sound so much cleaner, faster and more musical than xdsd. Both 9038s and V2 are much more enjoyable to listen too, and they are a great match with Roland. As I've said before, the cross-over is really well-executed, and thus any minor adjustment on the HPtoy eq app, you will hear significant changes which is quite extraordinary considering the price and size of it. You will not regret it (but you will need a 2.5mm balanced cable).
is there any place that i can buy easily instead of waiting from aliexpress?

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #3,442 of 5,201
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #3,443 of 5,201
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #3,444 of 5,201
Damn, so the HPtoy only works on E1DA dac/amp? I need the PEQ global for my android!

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #3,445 of 5,201

Thanks buddy, good info, one more please. Since you tried both v2 and 9038S, I'm not sure about the differences between the two In sound presentation. Which one should I go for? 9038s being little bit more expensive, is it better?

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #3,446 of 5,201
Damn, so the HPtoy only works on E1DA dac/amp? I need the PEQ global for my android!
HPToy only works with powerdac v2 and doesn't work with 9038s

Powerdac v2 works with a usb c to usb B cable with pc but for most androids, you need a y splitter and it needs to be powered by a powerbank.
As for 9038s, the new models can directly work by using a usb c to usc c cables on both android and pc

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #3,447 of 5,201
Thanks buddy, good info, one more please. Since you tried both v2 and 9038S, I'm not sure about the differences between the two In sound presentation. Which one should I go for? 9038s being little bit more expensive, is it better?
from the aliexpress review, i saw one of them has both and he said the 9038S has a significantly more power and the SQ is slightly better too.

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #3,448 of 5,201
HPToy only works with powerdac v2 and doesn't work with 9038s

Powerdac v2 works with a usb c to usb B cable with pc but for most androids, you need a y splitter and it needs to be powered by a powerbank.
As for 9038s, the new models can directly work by using a usb c to usc c cables on both android and pc
Oh wait, so 9038S has no PEQ? Oh crap i just placed an order, still have time to cancel i guess. 9038S no PEQ then?

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #3,450 of 5,201
No. If you want peq order powerdac v2.
Thanks!! just cancelled. For the powerdac v2, can i just attached to a small power bank and let it be like its own battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back