FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 29, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #3,286 of 5,201
Anyone know if ordering a Roland as a ciem is worth it? Since it was designed originally as a Universal, does getting it custom fitted change the tuning via case design and stem length?

(custom fitted from Linsoul->Fearless Aduio themselves)
I'm not sure, but I'm about to find out in ~2 weeks :)

Fearless 3D prints everything, so, in theory, CIEM shouldn't be significantly different than UIEM tuning.

Theory being what it is, I'm interested to see how this turns out :wink:

Aug 29, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #3,289 of 5,201
looks like the la hire is treble heavy iem compared to roland
I dont think it's treble heavy. It's just bass rolled off.

Aug 29, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #3,291 of 5,201
Where are you getting La Hire impressions? or do you say it by looking at the graph?

I'm almost pulling the trigger on La Hire, but I'm still waiting for more impressions, especially an S8 F vs La Hire comparison.
From my readings i found on thai fb, La Hire focuses on female vocals. You can see it by yourself. The fr. Ever heard of etys? It focuses on midrange.

Aug 29, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #3,292 of 5,201
I only commenting on the graph.. I dont own them
Look at the graph that i draw, all of them has the midrange at the same dBs, just the bass are different.

Edit: so basically, u can listen to details on La Hire without cranking up volume.

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #3,293 of 5,201
10344525.jpg

Red=isine20+cipher
Green=Noble Khan
Blue=Roland

As a colour blind person I am offended by this graph..:smile: Man it sucks not being able to distinguish the red from the green line... I can see it in parts but then I get confused.... damn...

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #3,294 of 5,201
As a colour blind person I am offended by this graph..:smile: Man it sucks not being able to distinguish the red from the green line... I can see it in parts but then I get confused.... damn...
oh sorry for that haha
from left, top one is red, middle is blue, bottom is green~

Aug 30, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #3,295 of 5,201
I was going to make another joke about your answer but that actually helps. I can kinda see they're different but just couldn't really tell which was which colour but I can see their difference now I have the "key"
Thanks.

Aug 30, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #3,296 of 5,201
I was going to make another joke about your answer but that actually helps. I can kinda see they're different but just couldn't really tell which was which colour but I can see their difference now I have the "key"
Thanks.
haha lol, just the idea that they are all carry almost the same signature

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #3,297 of 5,201
I'm not sure, but I'm about to find out in ~2 weeks :)

Fearless 3D prints everything, so, in theory, CIEM shouldn't be significantly different than UIEM tuning.

Theory being what it is, I'm interested to see how this turns out :wink:

Not sure if you have had customs before but assuming you get a good fit (and this all depends on the quality of the impressions) then the main difference between universals and customs will be the bass due to the better seal.

Aug 30, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #3,299 of 5,201
Not sure if you have had customs before but assuming you get a good fit (and this all depends on the quality of the impressions) then the main difference between universals and customs will be the bass due to the better seal.
I have, and I would say, at least in my case, it's not as much a matter of more or less, but how consistent the seal can be.

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #3,300 of 5,201
@warriorpoet
What is the volume difference like on the Roland? e.g. how much more (or less) do you have to turn the Roland up vs. a multi BA iem?
When I auditioned the Valkyrie I had to turn my play up +50% as opposed to my multi BA iem. I would guess the Roland is similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back