FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #22 of 5,201
Interesting line.

The S10 genie - $699
The S8pro S8f - $489
S6Rui - $389
S5h and S5t - $329
S4 - $269

Number of drivers is obvious is the names, available on linsoul and Amazon through linsoul....

@Hawaiibadboy said in his review that he thinks the S6Rui sounds"significantly" better than the campfire Solaris. Those are bold words and claims. I can't decide if I'll test that theory or go for the S10 genie to see if that's even better.... Ordering within a day or two here... Gonna decide quick, this hype train is about to leave the station.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #23 of 5,201
Sweet I'll wait for your impression. Please when you get a chance, I would like to know if there is any Driver Flex w/ them.

Save your cash. While the BA series is excellent this DD set has scooped mids. It's a sad "start" (pun intended) but I kinda got that and decided to go with the 6 to 5 to 4 and do the start last.

Interesting line.

The S10 genie - $699
The S8pro S8f - $489
S6Rui - $389
S5h and S5t - $329
S4 - $269

Number of drivers is obvious is the names, available on linsoul and Amazon through linsoul....

@Hawaiibadboy said in his review that he thinks the S6Rui sounds"significantly" better than the campfire Solaris. Those are bold words and claims. I can't decide if I'll test that theory or go for the S10 genie to see if that's even better.... Ordering within a day or two here...

I have the s8 and s10 coming.

Feb 19, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #24 of 5,201
Hi I'm referring to the Fearless Audio Start, which I believe they said its a Dynamic Driver DLC.
My bad.

Interesting line.

The S10 genie - $699
The S8pro S8f - $489
S6Rui - $389
S5h and S5t - $329
S4 - $269

@Hawaiibadboy said in his review that he thinks the S6Rui sounds"significantly" better than the campfire Solaris. Those are bold words and claims. I can't decide if I'll test that theory or go for the S10 genie to see if that's even better.... Ordering within a day or two here...
Personally, I'll wait a bit, but now I'm kinda leaning to the s8 as the measurements seem to be much more down my alley.

Feb 19, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #25 of 5,201
The S10 really speaks to my basshead roots. Its looking like the most powerful design I think I've seen for BA bass. Should be interesting.... Might be a disappointment though.

Or the s6 given the ridiculously glowing review and the likely relatively higher value. I've been looking for an all .BA replacement for my Andromedas, and I think chi fi has got this now. If this is even half as good as HBB thinks it is, I think we're probably at the end of the line of what BA drivers can do, and we're going to be all about crossovers after that.

Can't wait to see @Hawaiibadboy impressions on the S8 and especially the S10....

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #26 of 5,201
The S10 really speaks to my basshead roots. Its looking like the most powerful design I think I've seen for BA bass. Should be interesting.... Might be a disappointment though.

Or the s6 given the ridiculously glowing review and the likely relatively higher value. I've been looking for an all .BA replacement for my Andromedas, and I think chi fi has got this now. If this is even half as good as HBB thinks it is, I think we're probably at the end of the line of what BA drivers can do, and we're going to be all about crossovers after that.

Can't wait to see @Hawaiibadboy impressions on the S8 and especially the S10....
Well, I'm not sure how much one can trust the manufacturer's measurements but s8 seems to have the same amount of bass to the s10 but less V-shaped and with flatter treble
TB2P6Aklm8YBeNkSnb4XXaevFXa_!!33904207.jpg

TB29AhrtNSYBuNjSspjXXX73VXa_!!33904207.jpg

TB2JwUttpGWBuNjy0FbXXb4sXXa_!!33904207.jpg

Feb 19, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #27 of 5,201

Crazy...

You wanna know something,
I already did an un posted vid where I actually said what you just did....kinda
I said
Are we at the point where the next and only real natural step is improved x-over's? Because the empire Ears Legend X (which has just that) is the ONLY IEM that has stood up to it's original $ IMO. After all the hype and happy feels die down that stupid expensive set displays traits like a multi crossed over car audio set up.

Not sure how much better a BA set can get than R6 simply by adding more BA even if that is Fearless or a new BGVP set.
At a certain point common sense kicks in and more BA do not make that much sense to me. But i do not believe in cables or burn-in either.

Anyway that "next step is x-overs" point you made is exactly what I thought

Feb 19, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #28 of 5,201
Crazy...

I said
Are we at the point where the next and only real natural step is improved x-over's? Because the empire Ears Legend X (which has just that) is the ONLY IEM that has stood up to it's original $ IMO. After all the hype and happy feels die down that stupid expensive set displays traits like a multi crossed over car audio set up.

Not sure how much better a BA set can get than R6 simply by adding more BA even if that is Fearless or a new BGVP set.
At a certain point common sense kicks in and more BA do not make that much sense to me. But i do not believe in cables or burn-in either.

I used to build speakers with a friend back in the day and the first set we ever built we used expensive drivers and didn't give much thought to the crossover. We made that mistake once and built a very expensive pair of garbage speakers, hand crafted with love and care...

I like BA drivers, but I think they're limited, I'm not a big believer in the price = performance some manufacturers sell you on them. None of these BA drivers are fundamentally different from each other the way some Dynamics, planars or electrostats are. Now that they've figured out how to do bass well from BA drivers, I think we'll see more crazy price/performance pairs like the DM6/r6. Hopefully that means it's game over for $1000+ pairs. A pair of crossovers isn't worth those kind of bucks....

Man, that setup on the S10 really has me drooling. I'd really love to EQ the bass +5 db and see what it can do. The s6 seems like the smarter choice though. I highly doubt the S10 is worth almost double the price.

Feb 19, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #29 of 5,201
Thanks all this is great information. I am looking at these Fearless S4 or stepping up to the S6 if it's really worth the extra. HawaiiBadBoy I am following your Youtube channel closely. I just canceled my order for the DM6 that I placed Sunday because I want to really see what these are all about. The S4/S6 seem like a great set for me. I listen to a lot of the same kind of music in your playlists and also am also a musician so I want to use these for monitoring. I am an electric guitarist and lead vocalist. I just had a set of Alclair RSM quad BA inears that we could never get the custom fit right on so I am moving on to the universals. The RSMs were amazing and seemed to be very flat, now maybe flat to me is the Harmon curve but I honestly don't know. From their description it is pretty flat and used for reference monitoring. I loved that sound. But I won't be editing or creating sounds with them, just monitoring click tracks, backing tracks, band members, and general music. This leads me to believe that the quad driver Fearless S4 would be my preferred set. Very anxious to see your shootout and full writeup. It's important to me that I have clarity and the imaging is accurate, love details but do tend to get fatigue from the highs. I've got the KZ AS10 coming and from what I see they also follow the Harmon Curve. Not expecting those to be as good as these costing x-times more but still a good backup/mowing the lawn pair. Do you think the S4 is a good enough set or is there really that much of a difference up to the S6Rui to make it worth it?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #30 of 5,201
Crazy...

I said

Out of curiosity, any idea when that S10 is coming in for you? My OCD has got the best of me and I'm going to order one of the two (S6 or S10) tomorrow. Would love to see at least an initial impression on the bass of the S10, it'll be irresistible if it sounds like the curve it has and I can EQ the bass to absurd levels. That setup should really rumble my brain if it pans out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back