Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #677 of 693
Quote:
I thought yet another firmware was just released according to the above?

Edit 2: I just saw one report of N1 not responsive after firmware upgrade. Please hold off on downloading for now!!!

Edit: Yes, another new firmware has been released for Nova N1 on 2013-03-22.

Please note that exact firmware image to be flashed depends on the first two digits of the Nova N1 serial number on the back of the casing. Please check the serial number before downloading the respective zip file!

For N1 serial numbers beginning with 12XX:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37333043/H281-XZ1236-20130319-N1-for-SN-HPC12XX-serials.zip

For N1 serial numbers beginning with 13XX:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37333043/H281-XZ1236-20130319-N1-for-SN-HPC13XX-serials.zip

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #678 of 693
New N3 firmware has been released today. Gonna try to get it on Dropbox by tomorrow.

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #680 of 693
Extract it anywhere on your C:drive, it will create it's own folders.
Press update on the N1
Connect to PC with USB (you might have to install the drivers if this is your first update)
Launch Hisoundtool exe
Browse and find the Firmware file where you extracted it
Click on update in the Hisoundtool screen at the bottom

the latest instructions included in the dropbox files are in English and clear.
Have a go, let us know how you got on.

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #681 of 693
After installing the update
the Artist, Album, and Genre folders were empty.

I then played a track to check audio and track info display,
and now the folders are populated.

Odd.

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #683 of 693
Does the firmware update fix the sorting of the music (by alphabetical rather than by order they were uploaded)? Also, does anyone know if the device is now capable of playing all songs when shuffle is on, or is it still limited to 200 or so songs?

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #686 of 693
Quote:
New N3 firmware has been released today. Gonna try to get it on Dropbox by tomorrow.

patiently awaiting this...

May 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #688 of 693
I've had mine for a day now (bought from big-man) and I've put it back up for sale in the forums if anyone is interested (£50 ono). I think the audio quality is very good but the FLAC order problems and the general UI quirks need some work (like the SD card music not being included in the media library and music stopping when you move from the folders section to the music section.) 

Does anyone know if these problems will be addressed in the future or is this someone you just have to put up with? The audio quality is almost but not quite worth the hassle for me. If it improved on these areas I'd definitely keep it.

May 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #689 of 693
I really don't know and it is a shame if not :frowning2:. While the attempted approach is a step in the right direction the quirks takes it 3 steps back :p.

May 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #690 of 693
Quote:
I've had mine for a day now (bought from big-man) and I've put it back up for sale in the forums if anyone is interested (£50 ono). I think the audio quality is very good but the FLAC order problems and the general UI quirks need some work (like the SD card music not being included in the media library and music stopping when you move from the folders section to the music section.) 

Does anyone know if these problems will be addressed in the future or is this someone you just have to put up with? The audio quality is almost but not quite worth the hassle for me. If it improved on these areas I'd definitely keep it.

I have the same sentiments. However, I'm keeping mine cause nobody wanted to buy it. And I guess it's better than having to use my iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back