favorite radiohead "headphone" album
Oct 2, 2002 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
be specific, for instance I like all of radiohead's albums, "the bends" is my favorite overall musically, but for headphone listening "ok computer" is my favorite.

Oct 3, 2002 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 12
Personally, I like amnesiac for headphone listening. It's got the oddly processed sound effects and quite copious amounts of bass. That and you and whose army rocks.

Michael

Oct 3, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #3 of 12
Definitely "Ok Computer," which, like many head-fiers have said, has layers upon layers of music in there to be deciphered
biggrin.gif

Makes headphone listening quite enjoyable.

Oct 3, 2002 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 12
OK Computer and Kid A. I discovered this as I was laying in bed listening to one of my discs with all the Radiohead songs I have on it. I went to bed at 2am and finally gave up on trying to fall asleep at 8am after a loooooong night of listening to music.

Oct 3, 2002 at 1:13 PM Post #5 of 12
Well "OK Computer" is my favorite album, but from what I remember "Amnesiac" sounds better on headphones. Maybe I'll go listen again to make sure.

Oct 3, 2002 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 12
Ok computer has great detail and the quality is supreme. But I sometimes feel there is a bit too much artificial expreme stereo separation.

Oct 4, 2002 at 10:12 PM Post #8 of 12
I feel they're strictly speaker albums. It's so difficult to fall asleep with big headphones
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 8, 2002 at 2:41 AM Post #9 of 12
My friend gave me the OK computer cd after i told him i have never heard 99% of radiohead songs and I CANT LISTEN TO IT. its to slow and depressing. ive been in a good mood recently, i keep trying to listen to it but i cant, so i guess im not givin this one back for a while

Oct 8, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by BoardC3
My friend gave me the OK computer cd after i told him i have never heard 99% of radiohead songs and I CANT LISTEN TO IT. its to slow and depressing. ive been in a good mood recently, i keep trying to listen to it but i cant, so i guess im not givin this one back for a while

go back to your country-western then and leave this thread alone. if you don't like ok computer, you shouldn't be able to listen to music.

anyway, i give my vote for amnesiac as well. it is also my favorite album by them, but those songs have great detail embedded deeply. anybody ever heard the string section of pyramid song? or the fact that "like spinning plates" actually has all of the lyrics of the live version in the studio version? interesting stuff, quite wonderful.

Oct 8, 2002 at 6:35 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
anybody ever heard the string section of pyramid song?

YES!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #12 of 12
the first time i listened to side 1 of "ok computer" with a headphone amp was a jaw-dropping experience. for a detail freak like me that album wins for headphone use, although i also like the ear-pounding "pull/pulk revolving doors" very much, and don't enjoy as much side 2 of "ok computer".

on a different note nin's "the downward spiral" is nearly perfect headphone music. the layers of detail are bottomless and the scope of dynamics and frequencies are phenominal. reznor is a production genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back