Favorite Music to write/study/work to
Mar 5, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #16 of 26
I can't do rock when I mark papers or other homework... it has to be classical, or my fave soundtrack: Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #20 of 26
I usually do ambient music or downtempo electronic stuff when I really need to concentrate on my literature homework. Brian Eno is a big favorite of mine for study music. Otherwise, if it's something during which I can multitask fairly easily (like linguistics), I usually put on an album I'm thoroughly familiar with, or some more progressive/"busy" music like early Genesis or trance.

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #21 of 26
I can't listen to anything with lyrics when trying to do something that requires a decent amount of brain power.

Generally I like to put on The Field's From Here We Go Sublime or Yesterday and Today so I don't get too distracted.

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #22 of 26
depends on mood- if i'm feeling inspired, mozart's requiem or st. John passion pump me up. If i'm having trouble focusing, they distract me - for that, eno ambients or baach or liszt piano pieces. Or the Dead- drums/space open up your mind like nothing else (too bad mickey hart went in a weird direction- I can't get into birthing music no matter how hard I try)

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #23 of 26
Hideki Naganuma. I'm intensely add/adhd so I need a lot going on when working. "Humming the bassline" is my favorite, and it sounds great with the HD650's bass!

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #25 of 26
Can't listen to music with words when I read, write or program. Tho I find that inspiration can come with intense/creative passages in music, or sustained dreamy soundscapes. So I mostly listen to 60's John Coltrane, Mingus, 1958-1974 Miles Davis, or electronica like Boards of Canada, Explosions in the Sky, Fennesz etc.

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't do any work with music on, I end up just listenning to the music.

+1, but I can draw with music on. But if its text/writing related its a no-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back