Favorite LAST album produced by a now defunct artist/band
Jul 3, 2002 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
In keeping with some of the recent "fav" threads, what is your vote for favorite LAST album produced by a now defunct artist/band?

Jul 3, 2002 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 27
Here are two quick ones:

1) Jeff Buckley - Grace

2) Love Jones - Powerful Pain Relief

frown.gif

Jul 3, 2002 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 27
The last one I think that was released after his untimely death

Stevie Ray Vaughn -- Live At Montreux: 1982 & 1985

Jul 3, 2002 at 10:54 PM Post #6 of 27
Jeff Buckley - Grace

That was my first thought when I saw this thread. sapphiremodena, is Wilco really "defunct?"

Jul 3, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by royboy2k
sapphiremodena, is Wilco really "defunct?"

Strange, I got the impression that YHF had caused the band to break up...BUT...as I read around, I'm not finding a single thing about it.....hopefully I must be mistaken. (Thank God for that!)

I just edited my original post...

Jul 3, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #8 of 27
Jeff Buckley: Sketches of my sweetheart, the drunk

For what its worth, none of these songs were overdubbed, so this is his final album.

Jul 4, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #9 of 27
Aqua - Aquarium.
redface.gif

Jul 4, 2002 at 12:51 AM Post #10 of 27
gloco,

I guess you could look at it that way. Wasn't Sketches released well after he died, though? If so, I assume he didn't do any of the tracklisting, etc., and in that case I would call it his last songs but not exactly his last album. Eh, whatever...

Jul 4, 2002 at 2:05 AM Post #13 of 27
American Music Club - San Francisco

The album and its tensions split up the band, and producer Joe Ciaccarelli overproduced to the very core of his overproducing soul...so the cricket noises stayed in, and the whole thing is processed way over the top because he wanted to make art. And still it's a great record, right up to the hidden California Dreaming cover at the end. Sad, raunchy, beautiful. Highlights: Fearless, How Many Six Packs Does It Take To Screw In A Light?, It's Your Birthday, I Broke My Promise--a song about having written too many songs about one person for 12 years.

Jul 4, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #14 of 27
An AMC fan!! Wow. I've seen Eitzel live about 4 times now. Course I live in the Bay Area. His shows are a real high-wire act. I've seen him break down in tears while singing songs about his now deceased muse. Gut-wrenching, heart-breaking stuff.
I didn't like the production much either initially but that album started sounding better and better the more I upgraded gear. It now makes perfect sense to me and I think it's the best AMC album which is saying a lot. Great choice! Since that one's taken, I'll pick:

Roxy Music-- Avalon

markl

Jul 4, 2002 at 2:33 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Jeff Buckley: Sketches of my sweetheart, the drunk

For what its worth, none of these songs were overdubbed, so this is his final album.

He took no part in editing, song selection or post-production. I think it would be a stretch to say it was his "last album".

Even the name indicates that it was simply a preliminary "sketch" for the My Sweetheart the Drunk album.

Not to mention that it's not a patch on Grace :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back