favorite guitar sound
Mar 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bustersgotavmax

New Head-Fier
I've played guitar since I was a young teenager and most of my music I've listened to since has been guitar orientated.

Thought it would be fun to start a thread on our favourite guitar sounds.

My  all time favourite would be T.REX - THE SLIDER from the same named album. Now this (to me ) is what a tube amplifier sounds like when the power tubes are working, awesome! I'm so sure Marc bolan is playing his Les Paul through a Marshall head on this song (don't tell me if I'm wrong,it'll spoil the fantasy) It' s got such a fat powerful sound.

Another is Led Zepplin -Bring it on home.I'm a huge Jimmy Page fan to start with and his guitar sound on this track has an raw edge to me.

Always looking for a great guitar sound from all genres.

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 4
I also play guitar. I recently found an interesting series of videos on YouTube called "Rig Rundown" where they do videos about the actual live rigs that some of the pros are using. Anybody who plays guitar (or just listens to it) will probably enjoy them. Here are two examples from a couple of guitar players I like:

Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top:

J. Mascis from Dinosaur Jr.:

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 4
[youtube]q3BwXTb5_1o[/youtube]

I love Devin's work across the board, brutal to ambient. His guitar tone has always been of great interest to me.

I guess a lot of people may not be into the saturated effects however.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 4

I love Devin's work across the board, brutal to ambient. His guitar tone has always been of great interest to me.

I guess a lot of people may not be into the saturated effects however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back