Favorite Decade of Music? Why?
Sep 11, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #31 of 36
1990s.

I'd give an explanation but I can't really tell other people why I like what I like. I'd like the 2000s a lot more if they weren't so damn loud.
frown.gif
After that, I guess I'd have to say the 70s.

Bands that influenced this decision:

Modest Mouse, Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, Tool, In Flames, Pearl Jam, Phish, Opeth, Sigur Ros, Alice in Chains, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Talk Talk, Rage Against the Machine, among others. There are probably a hundred bands I'd love to death that I've never heard, so maybe if I'd been exposed to different music I'd say a different decade.
redface.gif

I'm not a big fan of much before '69, but from that year on, in my opinion, there were always some great artists and I think there always will be more on the way.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the answer to this question usually ends up being the timeframe you went to high school and college.

Very true, but I hope I never grow that musically stagnant. I like the 2000's better than the 90's, and I hope that I like the 2010's even more.

Sep 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the answer to this question usually ends up being the timeframe you went to high school and college.

Im currently in the UKs version of high school and I hate pretty much everything from this decade. I would have to go for the 70s, because it was the peak of funk and soul.

Sep 19, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

I would have to go for the 70s, because it was the peak of funk and soul.

YES!!

b.t. express, the beginning of the end, black heat, james brown, the blackbyrds, bobby womack, booker t. & the mgs, the jimmy castor bunch, the j.b.'s, isaac hayes, the jackson sisters, lonnie liston smith, manu dibango, chuck brown and the soul searchers..

man i can go on forever! a lot of my favorite rock music came from the 70's as well.

Sep 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #36 of 36
If I could choose any decade to be there for the music it would be 65 to 75. Not only do I like that music now the most, but it's also the period I'd most want to see the performers live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back