Favorite Bob Dylan Album (Cast Your Vote)
Oct 14, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 25
I will not decide. They are all brilliant.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanwookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only really listened to Highway 61.

You have your work cut out for you.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #7 of 25
Bringing It All Back Home, followed by Highway 61 Revisited. I like the highly personal folk of the second side of Bringing It All Back Home as much as I do the rock first side - looking forwards and backwards in the same album, each to brilliant effect. I am never sure why this one doesn't get the same love as the two that followed it - its every bit as much a masterpiece.

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bringing It All Back Home, followed by Highway 61 Revisited. I like the highly personal folk of the second side of Bringing It All Back Home as much as I do the rock first side - looking forwards and backwards in the same album, each to brilliant effect. I am never sure why this one doesn't get the same love as the two that followed it - its every bit as much a masterpiece.

I agree with this........... It's Alright Ma, Baby Blue, Gates Of Eden, Mr Tambourine Man, Maggie's Farm, Subteranean........you don't really get more consistent / classic than this...........

I suppose in a sense.................. Bringing It All back Home is like Dylan's Revolver to Highway 61's Sgt Pepper and Blonde On Blonde's White Album.........They all get praised, they're all equals ..... Highway 61 seems like the boldest statements, it's the loudest and has the most energy.....while Blonde is a bigger statement, meaning it's longer and has more material...............and Bringing It All Back Home is the precursor.

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #11 of 25
Blood on the tracks and Street Legal are tied for first place, followed by Bringing it all back home, followed by Oh mercy, then Blonde on Blonde, followed by Desire.

Nov 18, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #13 of 25
Blood on the Tracks here.

"Youre an idiot babe, its a wonder that you still know how to breathe"

Yup, that does it for me.

Nov 18, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #14 of 25
Street Legal ... why isn't it in the list?

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #15 of 25
I voted for the Basement Tapes, Blood on the Tracks is tied with it though. I was just in a Basement Tapes kind of mood.

Secretly I quite enjoy Slow Trian Coming. Even if it does have a couple of duds. And then there's Dylan and the Dead - two of my favourite things... [goes off to find my Dylan vinyl albums to make sure I voted the right way]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back