Favorite/Best speakers (2.1, 5.1 or 7.1) that you know of for computer
Jul 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 21
No I just really like them. My family owns them, he got them from Guitar center and they're pretty sweet. I like them a lot more than our 5.1 generic Denon 5.1 setup. They're just my favorite and I'd love to use them on my computer if I didn't use heapdhones

Jul 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 21
Have you considered quality bookshelf speakers with a small amp/receiver?

Most computer speakers are cheap injection-molded plastic boxes with cheap speakers and cheap amps.

However, for a few hundred you can get something like the PSB Alpha B1, which is quite good. Add an older receiver or even just a little T-amp, and you will have better sound than those plastic boxes.

I highly recommend looking around Audiogon for used bookshelf speakers. Most anything there will heavily outclass packaged computer speakers. Don't worry about the amp since there are hundreds of options to power them. You'll find something that fits your needs. Step up to an audiophile system.

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #7 of 21
a decent bookshelf + amp would give you way better sound than your normal generic multimedia 2.1 speakers. If you don't want to do that then..I'd say look into the Active speakers like audioengine 5 or so..

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #11 of 21
My speaker experience is pretty limited but I always tend to recommend the Audioengine A2 or A5's. They have a built in power amp and neither models require a sub as they have oodles of fabulous bass!

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #12 of 21
i used to use aego M and currently use audio engine AE2 + aego M subwoofer with audinst HUD MX1 and kimber kable.
its totally different sound sign..aego M is good on vocal song and audio engine AE2 on accoustic song

so, for the best...i think it depends on your song preference.

*just my 2 cents*

Jul 18, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #13 of 21
I use Salk speakers with emotiva umc1 and ups2 for my computer rig - spanks the heck out of any headfi rig and costs less too....still use my mhdt dac in the middle for music (run xbox, ps3, general computer direct to the emo)

Computer speakers are trash as are most head phones - pick any of the better bookshelf speakers and toss a sub in the corner.

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #14 of 21
I love my active Genelec system, studio quality, near field tuned with great sub.
I run these 2.1 with Kimberly pbj, transparent music link plus, a kingrex USB dac and the griffin power mate aluminum volume control. Dazzling results. Next upgrade; better USB dac.

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/new/590244.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back