Favorite album covers or packaging
Sep 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #61 of 75
B000063DHL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The complete version is even better, check it out here : http://www.netsector.com/tony/maiden/time/map5.html

Somewhere in Time is my second favorite. it came out in the wake of Bladerunner, Terminator, and Robocop, and I remember being deeply impressed with what Derek Riggs managed to do with Eddie to modernize him like that. I even had a wall poster of Eddie smashing through with a wry smile on his face.

Favorite would have to be "Axis: Bold as Love" by The Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Sep 14, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #63 of 75
Wow this thread is only a decade old. Anyway one of my favorite CD packagings from at least my recent memory is the one for millstones' third album 青の研究 (A Study in Blue), where the CD has its own plastic-fabric sleeve which is stored in a paper sleeve with the artwork on it, except that outer sleeve actually doubles as a folded poster with all the album information on it. Very neat.

millstones - 青の研究 (A Study in Blue)

If we consider only the artwork itself, one of my favorite artworks from my recent musical discoveries would definitely be the one for M|O|O|N's MOON EP, which was the first vinyl I ever purchased and I did that before even owning a turntable. I loved the artwork so much that I simply had to have EP in physical form. The music is spectacular as well and the vinyl sounds phenomenal.

M|O|O|N - MOON EP
http://music.musicofthemoon.com/album/moon-ep

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #65 of 75
  Wow this thread is only a decade old. Anyway one of my favorite CD packagings from at least my recent memory is the one for millstones' third album 青の研究 (A Study in Blue), where the CD has its own plastic-fabric sleeve which is stored in a paper sleeve with the artwork on it, except that outer sleeve actually doubles as a folded poster with all the album information on it. Very neat.

millstones - 青の研究 (A Study in Blue)

If we consider only the artwork itself, one of my favorite artworks from my recent musical discoveries would definitely be the one for M|O|O|N's MOON EP, which was the first vinyl I ever purchased and I did that before even owning a turntable. I loved the artwork so much that I simply had to have EP in physical form. The music is spectacular as well and the vinyl sounds phenomenal.

M|O|O|N - MOON EP
http://music.musicofthemoon.com/album/moon-ep

Thanks to your post, I am now a Bandcamp Fan. Great source for lossless downloads of unique music...

Cheers!

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #66 of 75
  Thanks to your post, I am now a Bandcamp Fan. Great source for lossless downloads of unique music...

Cheers!

I am a huge fan of Bandcamp. Certainly one of the best things to happen to music business in my opinion – both for fans and musicians alike.

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #67 of 75

I was listening to this this morning and remembered how good the album cover was.

It really reflects the character of the album's music.

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #68 of 75
Although I've never listened to the whole album, I've always loved Def Leppard's "On Through The Night" album cover. It was my dad's album, I remember seeing the cover way back when I was a kid and loving it instantly.

That's one of them.....I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now.

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #72 of 75
The artwork that Roger Dean did for Yes comes to mind...

Some examples that I had on my device.

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #73 of 75
Thelonius Monk's Underground wins it for me. It's a classic that will forever be relevant to the times:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back