Favorite 8-Track tapes
Jan 15, 2018 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

swspiers

Headphoneus Supremus
When I was 13, (yes, back in '76), my parents bought me my first real stereo: a Craig 8-Track system. I gotta admit, even with all my gear, it's probably my favorite rig. All-time. Simply because I was 13, and it was mine!

Anyway, we got about 6 inches of snow a couple weeks ago in North Carolina, and it reminded me of the blizzard of '78 back in Ohio. Which further reminded me of that ol' Craig 8-Track, and my coveted collection of tapes. So, I recreated, as best I could, my 8-Track collection through the wonders of Tidal.

If anyone is interested, I thought it might be cool to list our favorite 8-Tracks from back in the day. And...I'll go first. For whatever reason, my 'rents bought me 2 tapes with that Craig: Jefferson Starship Red Octopus and The Best of Bread. Which I don't believe I ever listened to...

Jefferson%20Starship%20-%20Red%20Octopus.jpg

The first half of this MONSTER hit album is pretty goofy and dated. But the last half, well, that was some darn fine psychedelic groove. Standout tracks for me were "I Want to See Another World", "Sandalphon" and "There Will Be Love". All three were just gorgeous, and Grace Slick could fricking SING!

It was a great nostalgic moment, and I'm hoping some other guys and gals will share some of their favorites.

There's only one rule: 1 at a time! Don't dump a bunch of tracks and bale...

(I searched for a similar thread, and found nothing. Apologies if I didn't search well enough)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back