faulty MDR-CD1000
May 3, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #16 of 21
The DT880 is consdered a true high end can, why not giving it a try instead??? More expensive though....

May 3, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry
I just found another topic with the same problem as mine :

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ghlight=DT+770

seems like the "drivers" are dead, 'coz I got the exact same problem...

BTW, these are the BeyerDynamics headphones I was talking about, and they sure sound terrific.
Maybe it's time for me to buy a new pair of these, considering they are much cheaper than the CD3000
biggrin.gif

You could buy my Beyer 770 pros (shameless plug): http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71071

Edit: the phones have been sold.

May 3, 2004 at 10:48 AM Post #18 of 21
You've got that right, i ran a search and read lotsa pages ;p

I guess I would have to choose between the DT-880 and the A900
rolleyes.gif

The A900 seems very hard to find here in Europe.

Your offer on the DT770 sounds pretty sweeet, but considering beyer is german, one's can get the DT880 brand new for 200 EUR in germany(around $240), and there would be no customs taxes.

BTW, what's up with the "250 ohm version" ?
What would be the best to plug directly onto my Audigy2 ?
confused.gif

I will disassemble my CD1000 this afternoon, I'll keep you posted!

PS :
And I read on the beyer website that they ship the DT880 in a very nifty storage box, so I wouldn't smash it on the floor anymore ;p

May 3, 2004 at 10:54 AM Post #19 of 21
Ok I managed to remove the ear pads, just how do you put them back while being able to reach the screws ?

Also, it doesn't seem to be possible to dissasemble the outside cans like on the CD3k pix...

May 3, 2004 at 11:35 AM Post #20 of 21
hummkay, I cleaned both cans from A to Z, there actually was some broken plastic loose parts and one screw was missing, problem seems to be fixed
k1000smile.gif

Anyone knows where to buy replacement ear pads for the CD1000 ?

I still have no idea how to put back the ear pads
confused.gif

Thanks!

May 3, 2004 at 12:28 PM Post #21 of 21
usually they are there by pressure, you have to force them in, they have an slot in which the tab inserts, but sometimes you have to "force it", as per replacement parts, call Sony Parts......is the cheapest price available, all the rest get the parts from them, and will charge you more....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back