faulty MDR-CD1000
May 2, 2004 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

leeperry

Galvanically isolated his brain
problem solved
happy_face1.gif

May 2, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 21
Hi mate,

Never seen a CD1000 owner on here before, and I dont own them myself (although I am the proud owner of the CD3000), I'd be interested to see what comes up for advice on this, but as I cant really offer any useful advice, consider this a free bump!

As for the CD2000, I have a feeling you would be disappointed with them, so I would not resort to buying those.

Anyway, good luck getting those CD1K's fixed, sorry I could not be more help...

May 2, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 21
If you could get a used pair of the CD1000, I suggest you to get it ASAP and if more than one let me know............FYI the CD1000 and CD3000 share the same drivers, new they will cost you, $113.95 each, plus shipping from Sony, if you want to fix the CD1000, add the labor, and you will be close to the price of a new pair of CD3000...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 21
If you can live without them for a few days, maybe a Head-Fi member that has DIY and CD3000/CD1000 experience can look at them for you. I'll try posting a few old pics of a CD3000 that I took apart. They're not the best, but maybe they will help.

May 2, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 21
doobooloo has a lot of pics posted in a thread around, very nice, and I also have them saved, they are from CD3000, don't know if they will be useful or not, at least ot give an idea of waht to look for......

May 3, 2004 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 21
hey, thanks for the replies
cool.gif

well, the link you gave me is also a 404
frown.gif

ok ok ok ok, what's the cheapest store in europe(if any possible) to get a spanking new pair of CD3000(or CD1000 for that matter) ?
Anybody's willing to sell me one here ?
eek.gif

I think it's like $350 brand new, right ?
Is it still manufactured BTW ? Or do you get old stock ?

Anyways, I basically plug my CD1000 directly to my Audigy2 Platinum time to time, and from what I understood using a CD3000 w/o a killer amp. is a waste, right ?
rolleyes.gif

PS :
Those headphones fell on the floor more times that I could remember, so if I had to shell out $350 for the CD3000, I would kill someone each time they hit the floor
blink.gif

May 3, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry
cool.gif

well, the link you gave me is also a 404
frown.gif

ok ok ok ok, what's the cheapest store in europe(if any possible) to get a spanking new pair of CD3000 ?
eek.gif

Anyways, I basically plug my CD1000 directly to my Audigy2 Platinum time to time, and from what I understood using a CD3000 w/o a killer amp. is a waste, right ?
rolleyes.gif

Try it now.

May 3, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry
cool.gif

OK OK OK OK, what's the cheapest store in Europe (if any possible) to get a spanking new pair of CD3000?
eek.gif

rolleyes.gif

350??? If you can get it for 400 in Europe, consider yourself lucky, here, it retails for around that new....
I think they are manufacturing it again, or at least not all are NOS.
The last one I got was made for the American market, and basically the old ones were imported from Japan, and all of them had the documents inside the box in Japanese, this later one has all in English, and I was told that this is a new batch, but from when, I don't know???? the first one was from 1991 IIRC.....

May 3, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #11 of 21
dammit, you're right, it's like 450 EUR around here.

How bad is the CD2000 then ?

BTW, is it possible to order replacement parts for the CD1000 ear pads ?

May 3, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #12 of 21
Ear-pads, that;s the name, yeah, Sony will sell them, just try Sony Parts, give them a call, the people there IME, always had help me, and ship me the items I need, in the last few months believe it or not they had improved a bit, others have had a lot of problems, it seems that I had been lucky...

May 3, 2004 at 12:51 AM Post #13 of 21
I just found another topic with the same problem as mine :

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ghlight=DT+770

seems like the "drivers" are dead, 'coz I got the exact same problem...

BTW, these are the BeyerDynamics headphones I was talking about, and they sure sound terrific.
Maybe it's time for me to buy a new pair of these, considering they are much cheaper than the CD3000
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2004 at 12:58 AM Post #14 of 21
They are much cheaper but do not expect the same performance....most of the times, you get, what you pay for, remember???? In the case of the DT770 all what you get is bass, tons of bass, tons!!!!!!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

May 3, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #15 of 21
yea a friend of mine used to own the non-pro version

I found the hi-treble was less annoying than on the CD1000, and the bass was quite ok(without using a killer amp. that is)

and they are much smaller and a bit more comfy than the CD1000 to say the truth, oh well I'll try to open my CD1000 and if both drivers are dead, I will consider it as an option(I guess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back