FAudio Dark Sky Flagship IEM
Dec 31, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #121 of 139
DSCF0809-min.jpg

Still enjoy this combo after 2 months.
Happy New Year!

Dec 31, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #122 of 139
Jan 10, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #123 of 139
Quick question for Dark Sky owners out there: how is the venting?

I don't see a venting port, this is why I ask as I don't like the sound to be pushed down my ear canal.

One recent example I can give for reference is the FiiO FD7 which was troublesome for me in this regard.

Thanks in advance :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #124 of 139
Quick question for Dark Sky owners out here: how is the venting?

I don't see a venting port, this is why I ask as I don't like the sound to be pushed down my ear canal.

One recent example I can give for reference is the FiiO FD7 which was troublesome for me in this regard.

Thanks in advance :relaxed:

2 venting ports and even the silicone skin has opening so the venting port is not blocked

faudio-dark_sky-12.jpgfaudio-dark_sky-24.jpg

Jan 10, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #126 of 139
How did I miss that 🤦🏼‍♂️ Thanks!

Pressure-wise, all good for you I guess then?

No issues at all. And, with DD or DD-hybrid iems I often look for a driver flex, while here it is non existing.

Jan 10, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #127 of 139
No issues at all. And, with DD or DD-hybrid iems I often look for a driver flex, while here it is non existing.
I can confirm, no driver flex or pressure issues with DS.

Feb 27, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #129 of 139
Over a day now with Dark Sky - this IEM should have much more attention. The timbre, imaging, stage are outstanding... possibly the best I've heard for jazz (...)
Thank you for the clue.
Out of a deep appriciation for Oxygen and more recently Isabellae, I followed your (and someone else's before) reccomendation, ordering from LetsGoAudio HK

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #130 of 139
Call me crazy but i prefer my Faudio Major over IE900 (for overall listening joy, not sheer technicality).
The game-changer for me was pairing Major with Simphonio CS10. A trusty high purity silver transformed Major. I had the 8 core version of the cable which comes with Major and to me they couldn't pick a worst cable for it.

Apr 7, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #131 of 139
Thank you ..... With LPGT which one performs better?
With LGPT and N8 they are both great. Isabellae is more natural and mid-centric. If compared, DS seems displaying a V sound signature weren't for all these details displayed in every gamma with mids you cannot really call 'recessed'. In sum a more 'fun' sound for DS and a more analytical, balanced from Isa. They are both high level earphones sounding so different they sound complementary.

Attachments

• 20220407_123539.jpg
    20220407_123539.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #132 of 139
They are both great. Isabellae is more natural and mid-centric. If compared, DS seems displaying a V sound signature weren't for all these details displayed in every gamma with mids you cannot really call 'recessed'. In sum a more 'fun' sound for DS and a more analytical, balanced from Isa. They are both high level earphones sounding so different they sound complementary.
among other things Isabellae is not very analytical .....

Apr 28, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #133 of 139
So im quite interested in Dark Sky. Mainly curious about its staging and imaging capability.
I also like tuning with a bit of worry in treble department.

Do you guys find it peakier than ie900? I would probably pair it with SE200 which might be an issue. Or M7 but who know how that is tuned haha. (Hopefully will get to try next week)

Also im a bit confused about some comparisons regarding staging and imaging performance. Some people say its around same as the Mest mkii. And some say its similar to ie900.
I had opportunity to extensively a/b ie900 staying vs Mest. And clearly Mest mops the floor with ie900 in that regard. So can someone clarify where DS stands here between the two?

Thanks

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #134 of 139
So im quite interested in Dark Sky. Mainly curious about its staging and imaging capability.
I also like tuning with a bit of worry in treble department.

Do you guys find it peakier than ie900? I would probably pair it with SE200 which might be an issue. Or M7 but who know how that is tuned haha. (Hopefully will get to try next week)

Also im a bit confused about some comparisons regarding staging and imaging performance. Some people say its around same as the Mest mkii. And some say its similar to ie900.
I had opportunity to extensively a/b ie900 staying vs Mest. And clearly Mest mops the floor with ie900 in that regard. So can someone clarify where DS stands here between the two?

Thanks
@Scuba Devils reviewed Dark Sky and he has IE900 also.
I like Dark sky, hasn’t harsh highs with RS6 and I like it a lot with iFi xDSD Gryphon.
Mids aren’t full bodied but has a good details retrival.
Sub bass dig a lot but it’s still controlled with a good dap/amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back