fat bird
Nov 24, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #16 of 21
We have turkey for our thanksgiving too...
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Nov 24, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
We have turkey for our thanksgiving too...
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Biggie,

I stand corrected!! I talked to another lady, who is Canadian, and she said that her family never did, and none of her neighbors either. Is it more dependent upon where you live in Canada, or just family traditions??

Nov 24, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Anybody know the REAL origins of Thanksgiving? Was it really the pilgrims and the native americans getting together to eat dinner? Or was it something that someone decided to do as a warm-up feast for the winter holidays

I think it's a harvest celebration that's been associated with a pilgrim/native turkey dinner.

The Canadian thanksgiving is held earlier because Canada's fall harvest, due to climate, is earlier than in most of the U.S.

Nov 24, 2002 at 7:35 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant
I think it's a harvest celebration that's been associated with a pilgrim/native turkey dinner.

The Canadian thanksgiving is held earlier because Canada's fall harvest, due to climate, is earlier than in most of the U.S.

Hmmm.. it seems that "harvests" are no longer really applicable in today's day and age (at least in most "developed" societies). The same goes for Holloween... I mean, I feel like the majority of people don't believe in the supernatural anymore. Someone should come up with a new holiday that is relatable for modern times... something like "new electronics release day". Everyone would get the day off and ... i dunno... major companies would release all their new goodies, and consumers would snatch it up in a frenzied free-for-all. Oh wait... this is sounding a lot like the current winter holidays... and almost all holidays these days in general.

Nov 24, 2002 at 2:10 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by BenG
http://radioshack.com

This Turkey needs to be stopped.

eek.gif

At least the Head-Fi turkey looks friendly in a 'Wallace and Grommit' kind of way
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back