Fastest and Slowest delivery time
May 23, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #16 of 21
not including audio gear... my orders from aim surplus and southern ohio gun are always here one business day after they are shipped... latest example would be an order i called in to southern ohio gun for some ammo yesterday which is sitting next to my desk right now (helps they are in ohio and i'm in indiana)

slowest shipping would be from a one man gun parts operation known as reich outfitters... can take up to a month after the check is cashed for someting to arrive but he has some hard to find parts and some of the best prices... good for those who can't find it elsewhere and don't really need it NOW

now if you want to count people who just never shipped the item at all...

May 23, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #17 of 21
The fastest I've ever had was probably my Go-Vibe V5S. When I put in my order, Norm was out of town and told me it would be a few days before he would be able to ship it. Well, imagine my surprise when it arrived on the day he told me he would ship it out! Or maybe it was the day after; I can't quite recall. Either way, for shipping something more than halfway across the country, I was pretty impressed!

Then, of course, I looked at the package and saw that it was postmarked earlier in the week and Norm had been able to get it send out a few days earlier than he had originally told me. Even with that, though, it was only three or four days to get, as I said before, more than halfway across the country. XpressPost rocks.

Now, the slowest was by far my imitation iPod Shuffle, which took easily a month. However, most of the wait was due to supply issues back in Hong Kong; once it actually shipped, I don't think it took much more than a week to make it all the way across the Pacific. And that's not too shabby for one cent shipping!
tongue.gif

May 23, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #18 of 21
Fastest has probably been CDs from amazon.co.jp. Last time I ordered something it made it from Japan to my city within 24 hours of placing the order, and then a couple more days before DHL decided to actually deliver it.

Slowest is probably my AKG K290, not because of a long in-transit time (only ~2 weeks from Austria), but because it took a while to get the transaction actually worked out and paid for.

May 23, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #19 of 21
Fastest: Stuff from good e-stores takes about a week to Idaho. Never ordered from TTVJ or Headroom so they could be the fasted since they are couple hours NE of me. Slowest: My DT990's from Germany, took about 3 weeks.

May 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #20 of 21
My fastest delivery was a couple years ago when I ordered a Nikon 8800 from OneCall in Spokane WA. I placed the order online just after 5 PM. The package was delivered to my house at 1 PM the next day.

My slowest was a couple CDs direct from Sony USA. It took over two months to get them. I found it ironic that I had ordered from Sony UK and got that stuff in just over a week, but Sony USA took 8 times longer and I live in the USA.

May 23, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #21 of 21
Fastest: ordered a 2.5' SATA HDD enclosure from eBay yesterday morning, which came today
biggrin.gif

Slowest: not much really, although I must admire the patience of those waiting months for an amp to arrive
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back