Fast energetic rock?
Mar 31, 2004 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

uosux

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I will have to try to elucidate: does anyone know of any music which is rockish, fast tempo, good quick beat... I was reminded of this from the "rock" thread. Some Rage Against the Machine songs come to mind, namely "Take The Power Back". Looking for something that gets you really pumped up.

I need some hard rocking to offset my other mellow listening.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 17
I'm not sure if I know what kind of music you're looking for but... fast energetic rock?

AFI
Dir en Grey
The Offspring

Probably not what you're looking for, but they are pretty fast paced.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 17
System of a Down?

Toxicity is a good album.
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 17
Maybe I am getting old but i consider the non stop guitar in any AC/DC song to be fast and energetic

They play like that in concert too-schoolboy never stops

Mar 31, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 17
I second the recommendation for Offspring.
Check into punk, that genre as a whole is generally fast and energetic. The Offspring came out of punk, but kept their fast paced sound.
Yeah, AC/DC is fast and energetic, and they don't toss some godawfull slow ballad on their albums either.

I have Green Day - Nimrod and I like it quite well. It seems fast and energetic with out being obnoxious.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 17
older:

Slayer - REIGN IN BLOOD

not as old:

Helmet - MEANTIME

Tool - UNDERTOW

newer :

AT the DRive In - RELATIONSHIP OF COMMAND

Hey Mercedes - LOSES CONTROL

-jar

Mar 31, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 17
Of recent mainstream rock.
'KILLING JOKE' s selftitled from 2003 is pretty fast and ok musically, if you like hoarse punk-like vocals. And Dave Grohl on drums.

wee pic
B0000AGWK8.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

Mar 31, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #8 of 17
This is quite far from the beaten path, but I might recommend trying some samples (if you can find them) from a videogame soundtrack called Contra: Shattered Soldier (or Shin Contra in Japan). If you can't find samples I'll gladly send you a couple. All instrumental, mostly hard rock and techno. Good stuff.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 17
Sounds like you need a shot of MOTORHEAD.
smily_headphones1.gif

If Lemmy can't set you on fire then nobody can
very_evil_smiley.gif

As he said on his live concert cd "Prepare to be laminated against the wall!"

Apr 1, 2004 at 8:09 AM Post #13 of 17
you rule dude, Take the Power Back is my favorite RATM track.

Quote:

Originally posted by Masonjar

AT the DRive In - RELATIONSHIP OF COMMAND

-jar

hell yea, ATD-I (specially that CD) kicks some serious... yea. the bonus track (Catacombs) on the imported one is also worth the extra money, cause it rocks and is very fast.

anyways, to add to the list:

The Mars Volta "De-loused at the Comatorium" (2 ATD-I members)

My Chemical Romance "I brought you my bullets, you brought me your love" (a great fast as hell new band)

Rocket From the Crpyt "Scream, Dracula, Scream!!!" (if you like the punk/ska, sound this CD is incredible)

Faith No More "King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime" (one of my top 3 CDs of all time)

Apr 1, 2004 at 9:03 AM Post #14 of 17
"rockish, fast tempo, good quick beat"?

the band Zeke might be what you're looking for ... the first 2 albums on Scooch Pooch are out of print, but their subsequent stuff (2 albums on Epitaph, 1 on Aces & Eights and a live album + DVD on Dead Teenager) should still be easily available. they have an upcoming (?) release on Relapse Records.

Apr 1, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #15 of 17
Godsmack - Awake (the album) and even better yet their *live* DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back