Fantastic music you have found through the "What are you listening to now" thread...
Dec 24, 2008 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nickyboyo

500+ Head-Fier
Firstly folks, happy Christmas to you all- have a good one peeps
beerchug.gif

Secondly, what new music which you consider to be good to sublime by posting and looking at what different folks are listening to in the "What are you listening to now" thread???

My diamond find is without a doubt Patricia Barber, her "Cafe Blue" album has been getting some serious playtime lately. I have never heard of her before recently, but i have seen the light. Perfect for relaxing throughout the holiday period while sipping gin and tonics.

Have any of you other music aficionado's found anything new?

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 8
Katie Melua, and I am sure more. Can't quite remember though...

Dec 25, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #3 of 8
I copy-and-pasted(into last.fm) a group from that thread and got a hit for Chorus of Tribes, I think the original group was Deep Forest or something Enigma-like.
I like Chorus of Tribes, Shackera.
Another one I really love, can't remember how, is Bob James, the song is Restless. Awesome bass guitar which led to another song on the same album called Lotus Leaves.
Killer tunes. Bob James is a keeper.

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 8
Blitzen Trapper.

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blitzen Trapper.

I'll second that. Really good stuff. It's duking it out with Bon Iver for my ears every evening.

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 8
Over years, I've gleaned many good albums from that thread.

2 - The Black Heart Procession
This One's for Blanton - Duke Ellington
The Divine Conspiracy - Epica
Cosmos - Murcof
Feeler - Perfume Treen
Matter + Form - VNV Nation

to name a few outside my wheelhouse.

Also let me give thanks to those that bother to give the occasional thought or album art. Such posts keep me interested.

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blitzen Trapper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll second that. Really good stuff. It's duking it out with Bon Iver for my ears every evening.

I keep reading about this release here and over on Hoffman's site. I need to go pick this up...

Anyone know if it is available on vinyl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back