fall out boy - take this to your grave
Sep 6, 2009 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

duotone

100+ Head-Fier
I absolutely adore this album; and wondered if anyone can recommend something in a similar vein?

I love the guitars, drums, singers voice. I guess the rockyness of it all, there are no acoustic tunes on the album. The pace of the album. And BIG CHORUSES. Oh and short & sweet tunes, the longest track is 4.27 and the shortest is 2.21

18518_0.jpg

Much appreciated if anyone can help. As long I can hear the bands you suggest somewhere online thats cool, Youtube/Spotify etc.

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 17
Ah, the days when FOB was only a mildly ****ty pop-punk band (opposed to the extreme **** they spew now)

Maybe you'll like Dillinger Four? That's probably the closest to FOB I listen to. As far as a specific album, you might just have to pick and choose until you find something

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, the days when FOB was only a mildly ****ty pop-punk band (opposed to the extreme **** they spew now)

Maybe you'll like Dillinger Four? That's probably the closest to FOB I listen to. As far as a specific album, you might just have to pick and choose until you find something

Just listening to what they have on spotify now. Midwestern songs of the americas & versus god albums are all they have on there.

The lead singer,a lot less melodic imo. Not as good dare I say it,well not to my tastes anyway judging from those 2 albums.

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Panic at the disco can somewhat be compared to FOB. Their style can be similar at times.

Thanks, will check them out

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #8 of 17
Ah FOB, used to listen to them before I discovered good music and stopped listening to just whatever's on the radio.

Not really in the same vein, but check out these rock albums:

Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb
Kiss Kiss - The Meek Shall Inherit What's Left
Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
Thrice - Vheissu
fun. - Aim and Ignite
Rx Bandits - Mandala
Mew - Frengers
Neverending White Lights - Act I - Goodbye Friends of the Heavenly Bodies
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
The Weakerthans - Left and Leaving

Sep 8, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #11 of 17
LOL lots of hate here
biggrin.gif
FOB is one of those bands that I really like. Very melodic, high energy and insanely catchy. It's not high art, but the music is great! My favorite album is "Infinity On High" hands down.

Now for recommendations in the same pop-punk/emo-pop vein, try these:

Motion City Soundtrack - "Commit This to Memory" or "I Am the Movie"
Taking Back Sunday - "Tell All Your Friends"
Saves the Day - "Stay What You Are"
Jack's Mannequin - "Everything in Transit"
Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon
The Academy Is... - Almost Here
Plus 44 - When Your Heart Stops Beating
Midtown - Living Well Is the Best Revenge
Matchbook Romance - Stories and Alibis
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have been listening to & enjoying these for the past few months amoungst other music, cheers!

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL lots of hate here
biggrin.gif
FOB is one of those bands that I really like. Very melodic, high energy and insanely catchy. It's not high art, but the music is great! My favorite album is "Infinity On High" hands down.

Now for recommendations in the same pop-punk/emo-pop vein, try these:

Motion City Soundtrack - "Commit This to Memory" or "I Am the Movie"
Jack's Mannequin - "Everything in Transit"
Plus 44 - When Your Heart Stops Beating
Midtown - Living Well Is the Best Revenge
Matchbook Romance - Stories and Alibis
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

I don't listen to punk that much anymore. Take this to your grave was awesome when they first came out and is their only album that I'll go back and listen to. The 2nd album was OK and everything else was more or less the same; they gotten pretty repetitive and annoying afterwards.

If you like FOB, definitely try Panic at the disco and the ones in bold. Also try "Where you want to be" from Taking Back Sunday. Brand New's "Deja Entendu" still remains one of my favorite albums. Also try Paramore, they're all from the same label.

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Panic at the disco can somewhat be compared to FOB. Their style can be similar at times.

Perhaps on FOB's later releases but they sound nothing alike if you're using TTTYG for a point of comparison.

^I'm not too big on pop-punk but try out some real ones such as Four Year Strong, Title Fight, Set Your Goals, Daggermouth and Polar Bear Club for starters. As a matter of fact, FOB aren't even pop-punk. They've got some punk tendencies in their first album but not enough to be called pop-punk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back