Fall 2018 Southeast Michigan Meet Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2018 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Condocondor

500+ Head-Fier
I want to thank Dan Paulson for hosting the meet with refreshments, pizza, tables, space, etc. What a wonderful Audio/Video store they have! Had a great time! There were a lot of firsts for me: 1) First time ever to a headphone meet 2) Never heard planer headphones before. 3) Never heard such incredible (and expensive) equipment! 4) Never won audio equipment before (Audioquest Dragonfly Red). 5) Never could have imagined such gracious and generous head-fi-ers. 5) Never knew the Head-fi.org headquarters was in Livonia??? Can't wait till the Sping 2019 event. (Did you get that people?)
IMG_0345_hf.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 31
FIrst meet for myself as well. I really enjoyed it and was great to meet folks who enjoy the same hobby I do. The folks at Paulsons were great as well. Thanks to them and John for making this happen. I hope to see you all then as well as some new faces. I hope to also have a good amp to share with you all as well to add to my setup.

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 31
Big thanks to everyone who put this together. Enjoyed hearing some nice gear and talking with fellow audio addicts.

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 31
Really liked the DAVE. And the Meze Emperians or however you spell it were fantastic. Definitely on my short list of headphones to add.

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 31
I must concur that the Meze Empyrean's are the real deal. Very comfortable, well built, planar bass, with just a great open sound. They just need to shave a grand off the price and I'd consider a pair. Was a lot of fun, I left content with my gear and no intentions of upgrading anything (for now..).

Nov 3, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 31
Really liked the DAVE. And the Meze Emperians or however you spell it were fantastic. Definitely on my short list of headphones to add.
agreed. the was some amazing sound

Nov 4, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 31
Dang it! I completely forgot to keep the date open! I was up north checking a spot for a hunt this week. I hope everyone had a great time.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 31
thanks again to Paulson for hosting, they really know how to setup it up for smooth sailing!

I was able to listen to pretty much everything I wanted to so here's my highlights

#1, the HD800 with the Glenn OTL is an astounding combo, also made my K812 sound fantastic.

#2 still don't think you can get better MID FI than the K712 & HD 6 series

#3 Audeze LCD-X remain my favorite Audeze

#4 the Ragnarok's clicking and switching during volume adjustment might be one of the coolest things that has no impact on sound.

#5 bit disappointed in the 820C, I think its just too mid focused for my liking but I'm happy we have manufacturers pumping out flagships without getting in a price war.

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 31
Dang it! I completely forgot to keep the date open! I was up north checking a spot for a hunt this week. I hope everyone had a great time.

I was wondering what happened to you!!

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 31
I finally got my bags emptied from the meet. It was a lot of fun and relaxing hanging out in the store and checking all the gear out. Of course there was good conversation and pizza too.

Thanks to all for coming. Thanks to Dan Paulson and the staff for being such a welcoming host.

Here's a bunch of pictures:

fullsizeoutput_c87.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c88.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c84.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c89.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c78.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c85.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c8d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c8c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c83.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c8a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c82.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c7a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c7b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c8b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c72.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c73.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c7e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c77.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c76.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c80.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c79.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c7f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c75.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c81.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c7c.jpeg

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #13 of 31
Dec 6, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #15 of 31
Just relocated back home to W Michigan after 7 years in Phoenix. Bummed I missed out on this meet, but looking forward to the next one!

Welcome back to the mitten and to the cold! Next meet will be March/April ish.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back