Fake Sennheiser Momentums?
Nov 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #16 of 156
Nope, it's red. Sennheiser website also shows it red.

Go here
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/over-ear-headphone-momentum-stereo

Choose black and scroll down to the picture that shows jack connecting to the earcup.

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #21 of 156
So you're saying that my headphone jack which is red is suppose to be black and the two wires that connect the ear cups and headband are suppose to be red but they were just swapped?

Yes that wire you"re holding should be red too.

So there are multiple signs of them being fake. Good thing you're senses kicked in. I wonder how many ppl bought these and don't know about it.

Anyway you're covered by eBay protection :)

Nov 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #23 of 156
Eek!  Yeah, the cable in the headphone should be red and you should have a moving mechanism for the jack.

Nov 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #24 of 156
  Dude if you're wires dont have that moving mechanism, they should be fake.The third picture you posted shows both ends of the remote cable with no moving mechanism at either end.

I believe the mic one has the moving mechanism, but the non-mic one doesn't.  Regardless, he is showing the mic one and that should have a moving mechanism.

Nov 16, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #25 of 156
I bought a pair recently off of ebay for the same price and with the same differences from the stock momentums. I alerted ebay that they may have been fakes but heard nothing back. I returned them to the seller but am out of the shipping cost back to him, though he said he would refund that as well. 

Nov 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #30 of 156
I contacted ebay and they said they will pay for the shipping. Right now the seller has responded and said that he's sorry and would like to sell the item to me for a fraction of the original price, but I just want a full refund. I don't think they sounds as good as the demos I tried in best buy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back