FAKE Hippo VB?? or just a revision??
Jul 8, 2011 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

sulkoudai

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, i recently got the Hippo VB and its very different from the photos from other Head Fiers. 

Can anyone tell me if you got the same as mine??

mine definitely sounds better than my V MODA Vibes (the first version) and the packaging is exactly the same as the photos from other head fiers....

^it even came with the warranty card from the seller (its in Korean)

this is a photo from Head Fier 'mp3' from his great review/comparison between the Hippo VB, Pearl and Shroom:

And these are mine:

^the headphone jack is very different and annoying

^ I cant compare my split cable with the other one cause i cant find any photos with the split cable on head fi....but its stupid...

^the part where the cable meets the headphone is very different (bigger) and the headphone tips are from Hippo Shroom (in mp3's Hippo Shroom photo)

^and even the clip is different....

Can anyone tell me if you got the same as mine??

Thanks in advance....

Jul 8, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 19
That's the new look of the new revision, so don't worry about getting a fake. The new cable is supposedly better as the old one had many issues. 

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #5 of 19
That way you can put your pinky inside and wave it above your head like an audiophile lasso? I have no idea why they designed it like that to be honest. Maybe that's where you're supposed to attach the shirt clip?

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #6 of 19
As mentioned, the OP get the new reversion. Anyway, Soundcat is partner of Jaben and authorized dealer of Hippo.

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #9 of 19

Quote:
the cable splits then its joined together again by the round thing

It's called a cord draw or slider.

Much more expensive earphones have that style plug and slider. Relax and enjoy your earphones.

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
It's called a cord draw or slider.

Much more expensive earphones have that style plug and slider. Relax and enjoy your earphones.

ok, 

I've got to admit, i panicked a bit when I figured out that it was different to all the Hippo VB review on Head Fi

and it sounded like shyt before i burt them in

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
So if it fails while im in Australia (im in korea to see my dad, will be going to Australia again), can i send it to Jabens Australia??

I doubt it. You probably need to sent it back to Soundcat.

Quote:
And ClieOS, how do you know so much about headphones??

Too much spare time I guess
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #13 of 19
Funny thing is that I have the exact same revised VB from Jaben that I bought from another Head-fier.  I also thought it was fake because of the differences and the sound is horrible.  I am currently burning them in hoping the sound will improve.  I asked Joker for some information on the new revision and his information confirmed that these were real.  Thankfully there's many knowledgeable people on here with great information.  

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #14 of 19
Burnin them in helped SO MUCH!!!!

now they actually sound like real headphones. 

and there are more bass than the Vibes and the mids and treble is SO MUCH (i like saying 'so much' like that) better.

before, the mids and treble sounded like they are heard under water or something, like in a super echo-ey hall, if you know what i mean.....im not very good at describing sound.......

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #15 of 19
I know exactly what you mean.  I got the same impression from what I heard at first.  I've burned mine in for around 50 hours now and I can finally enjoy these.  The murky bass has smoothed out and I can finally hear the treble presence.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back