FAIRLY STRANGE SOURCE REQUIREMENT
Sep 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wrathzombie

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking for a source which could act as an input to a Pioneer Stereo receiver. Here are the requirements.

- Should be cheapest
- Should provide coaxial output/hdmi, that could be fed into the the receiver.
- Should support music playback from external harddrive/pendrive.
- Should have a basic UI, which shows the name of the song that is being played.
- Should provide shuffle function.

So basically, I am looking for something like a HD mediaplayer which has a UI and is the least expensive.

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 5
That would be too expensive. So my friend has blown all the budget on the Pioneer 5.1 setup and is left with about $50 to spend. Would there be any option in that range that would be available. Lets say a cheap DVD player that supports external HDD/Pendrive?

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 5
  That would be too expensive. So my friend has blown all the budget on the Pioneer 5.1 setup and is left with about $50 to spend. Would there be any option in that range that would be available. Lets say a cheap DVD player that supports external HDD/Pendrive?

Most current Philips DVD players will do this (HDMI and coax output and USB input) but you would need a screen !

The Western Digital HDTV has optical digital out and HDMI and composite video out, reads USB hard drives but again is useless without a screen 

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 5
My Pioneer will play directly from a USB drive via a port on the front and also has DLNA over Ethernet so you can serve from network attached storage.  I would think that the receiver may have some of these features if it is fairly recent.

Hope that helps,
Hi-Five

Users who are viewing this thread

Back