F/S: Pioneer DV563a
Nov 24, 2008 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

cetoole

1000+ Head-Fier
I am selling here a pair of universal players, a stock Pioneer DV563 I bought with the intention of doing some modding to, as it uses the very nice DSD1791 DAC for the left and right channels, and can decode CD, DVDA, and SACD, doing the DSD decoding natively. I just havnt had the interest to do anything with it since I got it though, and currently own several nicer sources, like an Audio Alchemy DDE v3 DAC and Denon DVD-2900, which actually uses the current output version of the same DACs as this Pioneer. As you can see in the picture, there are a few scratches on the body, which came from storing stuff on top of it and taking it to meets. I would like $75 for this player.

DV563.jpg

The second player I am selling is a pretty heavily modded Samsung HD841, which was a rather popular player a few years ago. The mods I performed are upgrading many of the power supply capacitors, with a big Nichicon for the primary cap in the SMPS, and Panasonics elsewhere. Rectifier diodes are upgraded to some ultrafast parts, I forget what exactly, but higher rated than the stock pieces to handle the extra capacitance. For the output, I performed the "Swenson Mod", which takes the output directly from the DAC chip, and cap couples it directly to a new pair of RCA jacks installed on the back, with only a small pair of mica filter caps. The caps I used are 8uf Polypropylene, which will give good bass with practically any amp. There are actually two front outputs on this player, the one with the Swenson Mod, and the other one, where I upgraded the opamps to AD823, replaced the input coupling cap with an Elna Silmic II, and eliminated the output coupling cap. I also added some damping to the top panel of the case. The outside of the case, as you can see, isnt perfect, as it has gotten bumped a few times since I bought it, moving gear around and going to meets. I would like $60 for this player.

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/cetoole/sources/hd841.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/cetoole/modded/ModdedHD841.jpg[/IMG]

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 18

cetoole

1000+ Head-Fier
Both players are universal, so play CD, DVD, DVDA, and SACD. As to sound, I actually havnt compared them. I can say that the Pioneer uses better DACs, and has great mod potential and sounds pretty decent in stock form, but the Samsung has actually been modded, so is pretty good already.

Users who are viewing this thread