1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

F.S. JLH CHIARRA AMPLIFIER, Full Size

1. Sewer Guy
    Selling my modified Class A Chiarra S.S. amplifier. The circuit was originally designed by John Linsley Hood. I purchased the printed circuit board from Williams Hart Electronics in England & built it into a Lansing extruded aluminum case w separate power supply.

Even though it is a solid state circuit it is neutral & lets the music thru with no coloration added by the amplifier. It has a very low output impedance & as such it is able to drive phones that have a reputation for being hard to drive. Grado's are easily driven, I am presently driving my AKG K340 dynamic/electrostatics with no problem.

There are no capacitors in the audio path so there are no restrictions on reproductin of the low frequencies. The level control is a 23 step swtched attenuator. When there is no program material the amplifier is dead quiet, no hum or other artifacts & transient response is excellent. Very sweet & natural sounding. Measures 6 1/4" W, 8 3/4" L.
    3 1/4" H.        Priced @ $275.00 buyer pays shipping.

MVC-045S.jpg

MVC-044S.jpg