Eyeball Implants--check this out!
Feb 25, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to realize that some people are just very, very stupid.

Didn't this kind of knee jerk attitude about body modification go away about 10 years ago? I've got half of my body tattooed, have numerous body piercings, and I graduated Phi Beta Kappa, with a 3.86 GPA. Oh, by the way, my IQ is 162.

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't she just have a screw in the forehead? Sorry but this is not artistic impression. I guess it takes piercing your body with objects a step further. It is an act of "look how crazy I can be" or "this is what I think of your beliefs" just to be counter to norms of society. An infection could blind her or being so close to her brain, could kill her. For what, someone to say "cool"? Don't get around a magnet.

She must not be much of a personality to try a gimmick like this for attention which is all it's for. Desperate!

You're right, it's not "artistic impression", it's artistic expression.

And for those who say that we body modification people are just doing this to be cool, I say "So what?" It seems to me that it's much deeper than what most people do to be cool, which is buying a gas-guzzling Hummer in 2002 because everyone else is buying them, then selling it and buying a hybrid Prius in 2008 because everyone else is buying them. I think 99% of the people in the world try to look cool, but the vast majority end up looking like sheep through their "Keeping up with the Joneses" mentality.

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She said it felt like she had an eyelash on her eye for a few days and then felt nothing.

That's enough for me. When I get an eyelash in my eye, I stop at nothing until it's gone. 5 minutes of that feeling would make me lose my mind.

As for stupidity, I think we can all agree it's simply personal choice and not all of this is going to someone's cup of tea. But there is a percieved risk in this kind of thing, whether that's real or not.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I am completely free of tatoos or piercings of any kind. I am a huge fan of tasteful and unique tattoos, find body piercing mostly unattractive (earrings, nose (nostril) rings and centered lower-lip studs are the only exceptions) and find branding/scarring simply carnival-caliber absurd.

That said, and making no judgments on anyone in particular, my opinion is that this is flat out gross. And I mean wincingly gross. You could be the most beautiful woman on the planet and I would turn away, eyes watering. Why anyone would mar the most beautiful sensory organ with a tacky-looking charm like that is completely beyond me.

Feb 25, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Didn't this kind of knee jerk attitude about body modification go away about 10 years ago? I've got half of my body tattooed, have numerous body piercings, and I graduated Phi Beta Kappa, with a 3.86 GPA. Oh, by the way, my IQ is 162.

I actually like body tattoos/piercings, but one has to account for bad taste.You're getting a tattoo on your eye. I just can't figure out why someone would want to do that over a regular tat/piercing?

Oh, by the way, just because a person is normally intelligent doesn't mean they can't do stupid things.

Feb 25, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #50 of 62
Quote:

I actually like body tattoos/piercings, but one has to account for bad taste.You're getting a tattoo on your eye. I just can't figure out why someone would want to do that over a regular tat/piercing?

Yeah, but people had the same views on body mods in the early 90s that are now considered mainstream. I can't tell you how completely insane many people thought I was when I got my lip pierced and my ears stretched (only a little bit, 9.5mm, I happen to think the "stretched to an inch and a half" look is gross). Nowadays, half of the kids in high school have it done. I still have one piercing that sometimes freaks peoples out... the one on Mr. Stevenson
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #51 of 62
Quote:

Yeah, but people had the same views on body mods in the early 90s that are now considered mainstream. I can't tell you how completely insane many people thought I was when I got my lip pierced and my ears stretched (only a little bit, 9.5mm, I happen to think the "stretched to an inch and a half" look is gross). Nowadays, half of the kids in high school have it done. I still have one piercing that sometimes freaks peoples out... the one on Mr. Stevenson
biggrin.gif

I just consider it bad taste. I plan on getting a back/should tattoo when I'm older, but eye... it's just not attractive. Tats are supposed to accentuate your body, not make it look worse.

As for high school kids, they'll pretty much do anything. ANYTHING.

Feb 25, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #52 of 62
Quote:

I just consider it bad taste. I plan on getting a back/should tattoo when I'm older, but eye... it's just not attractive. Tats are supposed to accentuate your body, not make it look worse.

I guess it just comes down to subjective beliefs about beauty, because it is mind-numbingly attractive to me. That lady would have to possess a really ugly face for me not to want to jump her.

Feb 25, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #53 of 62
Maybe you just have an eye fetish? I personally have a thing for dead bodies.

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #54 of 62
Quote:

Maybe you just have an eye fetish? I personally have a thing for dead bodies.

I have a major eye fetish. Along with booties, I think they're the most attractive part of the female body. Nice eyes and a nice butt can make up for a lot of flaws.

Are you serious about the necrophilia? I had a female friend who talked about it, but it was just talk, she never acted on it (that I know of). She really got off on watching footage of executions
eek.gif
. Not really my thing... as a matter of fact, I had the misfortune of watching (simulated, of course) necro ****; it's the only time I've ever thrown a stag film in the trash. It was extremely disturbing.

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #55 of 62
Quote:

Are you serious about the necrophilia?

I'm not really sure anymore.

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #57 of 62
This is gross. I don't like the idea of having something implanted into my eyeball. I think you should be happy that you're not blind and not mess around with your eyes when it's not necessary.

@ Kirosia: I really hope that you were kidding...necrophilia is even worse than eyeball implants
eek.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #58 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataklystik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kirosia: I really hope that you were kidding...necrophilia is even worse than eyeball implants
eek.gif

I'm not sure he realizes he does not shock us anymore - well most of us. Noobs, take note.

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back