Extra-small earbud cushions needed
Oct 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

trans

New Head-Fier
Just purchased my first earphones, Spider realvoices, and both the 'small' cushions and the comply foam tips are too large for my ears!  Any suggestions on what and/or where to get something that might work?  I don't want real noise cancellation - if I can't hear my wife's voice there won't be any music in the house.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Just purchased my first earphones, Spider realvoices, and both the 'small' cushions and the comply foam tips are too large for my ears!  Any suggestions on what and/or where to get something that might work?  I don't want real noise cancellation - if I can't hear my wife's voice there won't be any music in the house.

Cushions...As in tips? I don't know how large the nozzle for the Realvoice is, but if Comply fits the nozzles, maybe try some small Shure Olives (If they don't fit the nozzle, de-core them).  How small are the smallest stock tips that come with it? Maybe some measurements?

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

The RealVoice is packaged with medium-sized Comply Foam T-400 tips. So it could be that you simply need a set of small T-400's. However, before you order some, you may want to be sure. To properly prep the tip, roll the tips down between your fingers to compress the foam before insertion. Once inserted, hold them in place for a few seconds. Then let them regain their shape and conform to your ear canal - this will create a custom fit. If you intend to order a set, let me know and I'll get you a coupon code.

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #5 of 5
 I will try the medium comply tips after compressing the foam better before inserting, and if that doesn't work I'd appreciate a coupon code for the small Comply tips.  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back