Extra Comfort on Monoprice 8323?
Oct 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #51 of 76
Found this thread looking for ways to make these headphones a lot more comfortable. I'm definitely going to order the headband later on this week. The earpads don't bother me, plus I love the isolation.

I saw some comments here about the wire it comes with isn't all that great and getting a better one will make a difference in audio quality (honestly it sounds good to me, but I don't have much to compare to). I didn't want to make another thread (hope it's okay), but is there an audio cable one could recommend from Best Buy? I have a friend who works there and gets crazy discounts.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #52 of 76
I have a suggestion to make the headband more comfortable.

Cut off the 3 sections of padding.

Take a thick soft piece of foam and glue it to the bottom of the headband

Maybe this will make the pressure on your head more even and more comfy?

I don't have a pair of monos myself but just from looking at them.

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #53 of 76
I got the headband and the dt 250 earmuffs
much better :)

The old earcups were hurting my ears

The new cups still kind of annoy my right ear, it's not that comfy.
Ear touches the innerwall and it hurts >:|

The headband is great though.

DT-770 are the only comfy headphones for me

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #54 of 76
I just realized those same earcups fit on these headphones I had lying around
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BEAI4W/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
rp-htx7 from panasonic.

Fits so nicely, and they don't hurt my ears like the monoprice headphones. My ears kept touching the inner plasic of the headphone.

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #55 of 76
Just got my Mono's today! my first over ear phone. After an hour or even less my ears started burning up. Just did the sock mod with an a  italian cycling leg warmer that I was missing the pair to. It feels fantastic! I'll post pics later 

EDIT: Powering these via my Samsung Fascinate w/Wolfson DAC & Voodoo Sound (Running Jellybean (FLAC finally on android!) via Apollo music player) 

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #56 of 76
Does anyone know if the headband or earpads would be bothersome for children? I'm considering getting this for a 13-year-old who has a slightly smaller head size than an adult. I can't tell by looking at photos of the headphones if head size is contributing to the pressure/pain that people are getting from those 3 padded pressure points, which would make this a non-issue for him. I wouldn't want to get him something that he finds uncomfortable.

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #57 of 76
Has anyone ever used any of these ear pads?  Does anyone know if 1 of these 3 would fit the Monoprice?

http://www.headphones.com/Headphones-Shop-by-Brand-Grado-Accessories-Headphone-Replacement-Pads.html

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #58 of 76
Quote:
Has anyone ever used any of these ear pads?  Does anyone know if 1 of these 3 would fit the Monoprice?

http://www.headphones.com/Headphones-Shop-by-Brand-Grado-Accessories-Headphone-Replacement-Pads.html

Grado can be uncomfortable so I wouldn't get them. The Beyerdynamic DT250 Velours are probably the best choice.

A cheaper velour option are Pearstone Deluxe Velour pads but they are a bit less comfy

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #60 of 76

Comfort is improved by at least 300%. SQ has been upped as well with some of the bass leaving to make room for more mids.

All in all, great investment.

Just got this setup. It is much more comfortable now. Note to others who is deciding on this.

These earpads do leak a lot more sound than the pleather ones. It won't disturb your neighbors unless you're blasting these on max, which would be quite high since the 8323 are much louder than others I had tried.

The headband... while it is comfy it really is just foam and the outer leather feels like cheap plastic. I wish they used the finish that is on the inside of the headband instead since it looks a lot better.

Other things that could have been improved on the headband was to blacken the buttons so they wouldn't stick out and lengthen out the material so it would snap on at the back of the head to make the flap less noticeable. Headphones already look funny on me due to my melon head (large gap between headphones and the side of my head) and these do not help the cause.

Overall: much improved in comfort, not so much in the looks department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back