1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

External Amp/soundcard for gaming

1. deranged
    Hello. First off I will start by saying that I have the Sennheiser game ones for gaming with an external Creative SoundblasterX G5 AMP. I have tried on board audio with these headphones and it just doesn't put out enough volume for them even at max. The problem I am having with these headphones and the Amp is positional audio. I don't use 7.1 channel or any surround sound as I have tried and it sounds even worse. When I hear foot steps or gun shots in game I basically have to look around until it's centered for me to know where it is coming from. Is there anything I can buy externally that is better for positional sound than this Amp? Thoughts about the Sennheiser GSX 1000 AMP?

2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Is the game's audio set to stereo (2.0)
    or surround sound (5.1, 6-channel) or 7.1 (8-channel)?

3. deranged
    It's overwatch. No settings for speaker config.

4. PurpleAngel Contributor
  5. deranged
    Yes. I have used atmos or tried to. Doesn't help with positioning :sweat:

6. Apatride
    Unfortunately, positioning on stereo headphones is never going to be perfect. You might want to consider getting headphones that actually allow surround settings. They will not sound as great for music but should help for games.