Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Madchester, Ethereal Wave, etc.) Appreciation Thread
Jun 2, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #337 of 467
Hey guys
It's not a secret that most of rock music is distorted and compressed (especially 90s and newer).
But you can't deny the fact that there are tons and tons of really good albums (in terms of composition, playing mastery etc) which are compressed.
I just wonder how do you balance between music appreciation and your love to good sounding stuff ?
It's interesting what you think.

Jun 8, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #340 of 467
Hey guys
It's not a secret that most of rock music is distorted and compressed (especially 90s and newer).
But you can't deny the fact that there are tons and tons of really good albums (in terms of composition, playing mastery etc) which are compressed.
I just wonder how do you balance between music appreciation and your love to good sounding stuff ?
It's interesting what you think.

Interesting question. Most of the music I listen to is compressed for greater loudness. I basically take whatever I can get on YouTube. But try to find the best sound quality I can, with the least amount of distortion possible. And also the best tonal balance to my ears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back