Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Madchester, Ethereal Wave, etc.) Appreciation Thread
Apr 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #286 of 464

EDIT:  I didn't pay close attention to the OP's initial post, so I may have strayed from the experimental rock theme.  Mea Culpa. 

I don't think it's that clearly defined
bigsmile_face.gif
 We've talked about this before. IMO 'Experimental Rock' is a bit of a misleading thread title, as that's quite a specific sub-genre and in truth, there hasn't actually been that much posted to the thread that could really be called 'experimental' in the true sense of the word. If I understand OP correctly, it's really more of an alternative rock thread, in the broadest sense of the word 'alternative' (i.e. not limited to 80s and 90s Alt. Rock but just anything rock-based that falls broadly outside the mainstream).

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #287 of 464

I don't think it's that clearly defined
bigsmile_face.gif
 We've talked about this before. IMO 'Experimental Rock' is a bit of a misleading thread title, as that's quite a specific sub-genre and in truth, there hasn't actually been that much posted to the thread that could really be called 'experimental' in the true sense of the word. If I understand OP correctly, it's really more of an alternative rock thread, in the broadest sense of the word 'alternative' (i.e. not limited to 80s and 90s Alt. Rock but just anything rock-based that falls broadly outside the mainstream).

Ok, that makes sense.  Thanks Ed.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #289 of 464

Wolf Alice | Blush

Wolf Alice | Storms

Wolf Alice | Bros

Slaves | Sockets Live 

(fun band to see live if you ever get a chance!)

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #298 of 464
Apr 21, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #300 of 464
Think that the group Beach House, belongs to the Dream Pop genre.

Beach House - Troublemaker

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back